What's new

iOS 6.1 Upgrade

I need to know this:

I'm on 6.0 iPhone 4S JB and have my SHSH blobs saved.
If I upgrade to 6.1.2 and I see horrible battery life and Wifi issues, can I downgrade to 6.0?
I have done it in the past (from 5.1.1 to 5.0) long ago, is this possible still?
There isn't a downgrade option for the 4S or 5 on iOS 6.0 or higher, yet.

The update fixes a battery draining issue related to Exchange mail servers. The update, however, does not address the passcode bypass bugs uncovered lately which allows snoopers access to all sorts of information stored on iDevices.

But the only way is to upgrade and then downgrade right?

Thanks for the response

There's no downgrade or selective restore method for the iPhone 4S outside of the re-restore on iOS 5 to iOS 5 since there's no exploit to take advantage of like the LimeRa1n exploit on pre-A5 devices.

This is the only reason why I hate using an iPhone, I've been thinking a lot going to Android.
Apple should let you restore your device to whatever version you like.
I even would pay apple to downgrade if they just allow it , they would make more money.
My data usage was so great when I was on 5.0
I made the mistake of jumping to 6.0 now I can hit the 3 GB so easy.

i have iphone 4 version 6.1. have not i upgrade my iphone 6.1.2.
ipnhone locked conditions.
thanks for info.

@thekernel 6.1.2 has no issues for me. My battery life is fine :) I think you better update yours

@thekernel 6.1.2 has no issues for me. My battery life is fine :) I think you better update yours

Oh; I just don't want to regret it like I did when I went to 6.0 from 5.0. I better stay on 6.0
I know a dev that keeps me informed on how the updates work out on his iDevice, and he's having issues with his 4S on 6.1.2 like battery and overheat.
I might jump to IOS 7 or buy me Galaxy s4 :p