What's new

iMessage/SMS Toggle for SBSettings

I think this thread has/had strayed from the subject. I am interested in a toggle for SBSettings as well for iMessage. The reason being I'd that sometimes with great cell reception or weak cell reception my iMessages fail and have to be sent as a text message. The main difference between the iMessage and SMS is that iMessage's are routed through an Apple server, which can be down, overloaded etc. so the text fails, And does do repeatedly. On the flip side the SMS goes through your service provider. So question at hand, does anyone know of a cydia app (or widget) for this?

i dont have the time to read all the post.

here is what i have to say. correct me if im wrong.

the topic starter wants a toggle off/on sbSetting. why? becoz if you have poor signal (3G) i message will not be receive and be delayed. so its better to turn off imessage so that you will be able to use txt message (carrier: AT&T etc).

about imessage and text message needs connection? 2G or 3G? in what i know. only imessage uses data plan (internet connection). and normal txt dont use that. they use cellular connection (via cell towers - you see your signal in your phone? it uses that) so i you turn off data via sbsetting. u cam still text but not send imessage or browse the web. why is old phone model can send txt messge when they dont have yet 3G/gprs or edge? they dont use data plan. just cell towers , signals and their carriers.

anyway thats my understanding. you can always correct me if im wrong

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

I think this thread has/had strayed from the subject. I am interested in a toggle for SBSettings as well for iMessage. The reason being I'd that sometimes with great cell reception or weak cell reception my iMessages fail and have to be sent as a text message. The main difference between the iMessage and SMS is that iMessage's are routed through an Apple server, which can be down, overloaded etc. so the text fails, And does do repeatedly. On the flip side the SMS goes through your service provider. So question at hand, does anyone know of a cydia app (or widget) for this?

This thread is 5 months old and probably should have stayed dead.

And to answer your question, Google doesn't even show anyone has done a tweak of that nature.

Jmills87 said:
That is 100% correct! Whether you are on a 2G/3G connection or a Wi-Fi connection, no iMessage will ever count towards your text messaging limit :)

Unless you are not connected to Internet in any way...then it is sent as a regular txt message if you have it set to do so.

BiteSMS has an SBSettings toggle to toggle on/off message alerts btw.