What's new

im new. please help!

Onswoll

Reaction score
I think springboard froze my iphone4. It's stuck on the loop. I've did the normal power & home reset etc. Nothing is working. Please help. Thanks

Yes. It was jailbroken with redsnow

Yes. It was jailbroken with redsnow

Ah, c'mon man, we need more info that that......virtually anything you can think of that lead this is what you should say.

What iOS are you on?

Which redsn0w did you use?

I bet you jailbroke tethered on 5.1, went to reboot, your phone is in a loop now?

Is that right?

If so, this is because 5.1 has a "tethered" jailbreak.

You have to plug in phone, open redsn0w, click "Extras".

Then enter DFU mode.

Once in DFU then click the "Just boot" button.

Of that is not the problem......then please......give us details.

I mean, that's like a person posting a whole thread saying "hey....my phone is broke. How do I fix it?".

I mean how are we suppose to help if you tell us almost nothing, except for what the phone is doing. Common sense really.

I have an iPhone4. Running on 5.0. Not 5.1. I have jailbroken before on 3gs. I was simply trying to make my iPhone4 like the 3gs was. --- I downloaded Cydia. Nothing was working. After trouble shooting i hit refresh on the changes menu to get my purchases to work. There was 4 I had to manually activate I guess. Ifile, springboard & 2 others I think. I did the first one. No problem. Then attemted the springboard one and it said the phone would respring. Screen went black then the loop started then froze. Keeps happening. It's been like this since about 6pm yesterday. Fml LOL

IPhone4 32gb. 5.0.1. / Redsn0w 0.9.10b5c.

I don't think you know what "SpringBoard" means. There is no tweak from Cydia called "SpringBoard".

The springboard is your home screen where all the icons are. What you see after unlocking the device.

I would rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.10b6....the latest version.

Be sure to "uncheck" install Cydia.

And second, chances are some of the tweaks you had on your 3Gs do not even work on iOS 5 iPhone 4. You need to check compatibility with the tweaks you bought and see if they are compatible.

Ok. I "unchecked" Cydia. Process is "done" on CPU but phone is still in dos format. The last line says " error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up..."

Onswoll said:
Ok. I "unchecked" Cydia. Process is "done" on CPU but phone is still in dos format. The last line says " error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up..."

That is normal. The script that scrolls down your screen during jailbreaking shows many errors.

But since that mite actually be a real error, just try again.

If you cannot get your phone to work, that probably means you installed something that is completely incompatible.

I would restore back to 5.0.1 and jailbreak with the latest redsn0w.

Actually make sure what you are about to install works with your device model and iOS.

zig9449 said:
That is normal. The script that scrolls down your screen during jailbreaking shows many errors.

But since that mite actually be a real error, just try again.

If you cannot get your phone to work, that probably means you installed something that is completely incompatible.

I would restore back to 5.0.1 and jailbreak with the latest redsn0w.

Actually make sure what you are about to install works with your device model and iOS.

Why not use Absinthe? Any specific reason ?

Semel said:
Why not use Absinthe? Any specific reason ?

Absinthe is for A5 (4S and iPad 2) only.

Absinthe will not work in iPhone 4.

All A5 devices must use redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze. This are the only 2 jailbreak tools he can choose from.

zig9449 said:
Absinthe is for A5 (4S and iPad 2) only.

Absinthe will not work in iPhone 4.

All A5 devices must use redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze. This are the only 2 jailbreak tools he can choose from.

Txs for the info