What's new

im new. please help!

Won't i lose all my pics and videos, texts if restore? I do NOT want that. Surely there must be some way or another program that can get in my phone & delete Cydia or whatever is causing the problem?

Onswoll said:
Won't i lose all my pics and videos, texts if restore? I do NOT want that. Surely there must be some way or another program that can get in my phone & delete Cydia or whatever is causing the problem?

Nope. The only way to unjailbreak is to restore. No other way.

You can still keep everything tho

Plug device into iTunes, right click on, click backup.

Then you have to do a DFU restore....

After that, restore from backup.

Of coarse you can just transfer your pictures and videos to your computer and restore and setup as new. Will lose messages and call logs.

Man I wish I could teleport you here dude lol. My phone has a password lock on it. I cant save or even back up because of that. Actually my itunes is recognizing the phone for the first time just now. The phone still has black screen with frozen timer. It has moved a few times for like a second lol. --- what exactly does "DFU" MEAN anyways? I get it but want the technical term. -- Also, there is no "click backup" option anywhere.

Onswoll said:
Man I wish I could teleport you here dude lol. My phone has a password lock on it. I cant save or even back up because of that. Actually my itunes is recognizing the phone for the first time just now. The phone still has black screen with frozen timer. It has moved a few times for like a second lol. --- what exactly does "DFU" MEAN anyways? I get it but want the technical term. -- Also, there is no "click backup" option anywhere.

DFU: Device Firmware Update.

You are saying when you plug in your phone to iTunes, and it shows in the left pain of iTunes, but when you right click on it there is no option to backup?

I see. Then yes.... A DFU restore is the only way.

Ok. I didn't know thats what you meant. I just tried that. When I click backup, "starting sync" flashes up top for half a seconds and quits.

Update. It actually tried to start now but can't because of ny passcode lock. Any way to enter that without using my phone? This would solve the problem and start the sync. LOL

Ok so I give up. I'm gonna do the restore. BUT its saying that when it does the restore it will update to the NEWEST VERSION 5.1. I won't be able to jailbreak then. Any last suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Thanks for all your help. I am stuck on 5.1 lol. I will be anxiously awaiting the new jailbreak. :-/