What's new

iCloud

If it is another Mobile Me, it will fail the same way.

Hopefully they got it right this time.

Sorry it took so long for me to answer. I have been sick since last Thursday.

I was going to explain how bad Mobile Me failed, but I no longer have to. Apple has already explained it.

Mobile me is now officially DEAD. It will be turned off June 30th.

I don't know about anyone else but I have some concerns about iCloud for example security, if all you personal info is on the Internet isn't it open for hackers? And do you have to use iCloud? Do you have a choice? it seems to me like it is geared more towards ppl who have more than one idevice. I only have one and I'm not looking at getting another one for some time maybe never. I'd like to learn more about this service cause it does concern me.
Anyone else thought of this?

I don't know about anyone else but I have some concerns about iCloud for example security, if all you personal info is on the Internet isn't it open for hackers? And do you have to use iCloud? Do you have a choice? it seems to me like it is geared more towards ppl who have more than one idevice. I only have one and I'm not looking at getting another one for some time maybe never. I'd like to learn more about this service cause it does concern me.
Anyone else thought of this?

Lets see if I can address this:

You are more likely to have your data stolen directly from your phone vs having it hacked in the iCloud. If Google is any indication, no one has successfully hacked their online database for Android phones. Now theft has occurred. But it was due to "phishing" and/or poor security practices of the user. IE weak password or they let their phone get stolen.

iCloud is an "Opt in".

iCloud is being built from the ground up with 1 to 10 devices in mind. The reason a single device person benefits is due to the data storage of contacts. None SIM based phones, Verizon CDMA for example, don't have the ability to "real time" backup contacts. Which is why a lot of VZW customers use Googles contact and calendar system.

And yes I have considered this subject deeply. It's part of my job.

Thanks for the info! Another couple if questions, I heard that when you take a picture it automatically goes to the cloud? What if you delete it right away? And on that note what if you delete something and you don't want it back (obviously when you delete something you don't want it) is all deleted stuff stored in the cloud forever or is there going to be a website to go to to manage all your data? Sorry for all the questions I'm just a little confused on how all this is going to work.

Thanks for the info! Another couple if questions, I heard that when you take a picture it automatically goes to the cloud? What if you delete it right away? And on that note what if you delete something and you don't want it back (obviously when you delete something you don't want it) is all deleted stuff stored in the cloud forever or is there going to be a website to go to to manage all your data? Sorry for all the questions I'm just a little confused on how all this is going to work.

Those questions have not been answered fully yet. But what has been released is the last 1000 photos will be cached and that you can setup your phone to sync them automatically. Whether that is based on time or some other trigger, I have not seen. And I believe everything will be managed from any of your iOS & OSX based devices.

Photos uploaded to the iCloud are automatically deleted after 30 days...

Yes it is temory storage until you can down load to your PC

I will request that sub forums be created for cloud etc we have implimented this in ipadforums and it is much better jus vgive me a bit of time to organize it