What's new

Hyundai to Showcase New CarPlay-compatible Display Audio System at CES 2015

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Hyundai to showcase new Apple CarPlay compatible in-car audio system.JPG

MacRumors reports that Hyundai has announced today that it will be showcasing its new CarPlay-compatible Display Audio system at CES 2015 next month.

Eschewing built-in navigation and CD player systems, Display Audio utilises the many features of Apple’s CarPlay to enable you to make phone calls, listen to music, send messages and get directions via the car’s in-dash display. The driver will also be able to easily launch Siri Eyes Free commands via the steering wheel voice-command button.

Here are some of the main features of Hyundai’s new Display Audio infotainment system:

Integration with Apple’s Siri-powered “Eyes Free” mode

· Functionality allows owners of compatible vehicles to use the voice command button on the steering wheel to ask Siri questions without taking their eyes off the road

· Siri Eyes Free supports making calls, selecting and playing music, composing and reading back test messages, using Maps and getting directions, reading notifications, finding calendar information, adding reminders, among other functions

· Integration with Google’s voice actions and predictive Google Now functionality

· Pandora integration with smartphone

· SiriusXM Satellite Radio with enhanced features

· SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link

o Traffic flow data in major markets, 24/7 traffic incidents and alerts

o Sports scores and schedules, stock ticker, movie times, fuel prices and weather/alerts

· Advanced voice recognition

· Swipe technology

· Music, video and picture storage

o New home screen with multiple functions

· Functionality brings drivers relevant information like local weather, upcoming appointments and current traffic conditions

· Pause, back and play for current station

· Automatic recording of top six presets

Hyundai will start rolling out the Display Audio system with CarPlay support in several 2016 Hyundai models, which will appear later in 2015. It will then go on to be the default head unit for the entire Hyundai automobile line.

Sources: Hyundai, MacRumors

More big news for me.....I'm glad to see "Oldies 101" is STILL going strong!!!:D
I thought they'd dropped the format some time ago....the CBS O & O in Boston (WODS) changed to New Wave or some cr@p a couple of years ago....and they LOST me!!
Sorry....former broadcaster rant.....back to my lair.....and more COFFEE....!!!:rolleyes: