What's new

How to load my wife's Iphone 4 backup to my iphone 5s

rdvt4me

Reaction score
I am getting an iPhone 6 (I currently have a 5S). I will take a backup using iTunes and restore that onto my new iphone 6. I have done that before when I got my 5S, no problem.

My wife is going to take my iphone 5S. I plan to back up her iphone 4 to iTunes and then restore onto the 5S.

My question is- do I need to do anything to the 5S in preparation for restoring my wifes iphone to the 5S or will it just overlay what is there?

I am getting an iPhone 6 (I currently have a 5S). I will take a backup using iTunes and restore that onto my new iphone 6. I have done that before when I got my 5S, no problem.

My wife is going to take my iphone 5S. I plan to back up her iphone 4 to iTunes and then restore onto the 5S.

My question is- do I need to do anything to the 5S in preparation for restoring my wifes iphone to the 5S or will it just overlay what is there?
You should restore the iPhone 5S to factory condition before setting it up from the backup of your wife's iPhone 4.

Remember, though, if you have find my iPhone enabled on the iPhone 5S be sure to turn it off and remove the phone from your iCloud account before erasing all content and settings, which is the same as restore to factory settings.

Thank You!
That is the info I needed.