What's new

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0.4 (Windows) [5.1.1]

I'm thinking of doing this, but (sorry if I sound stupid) the phone was brand new to me locked to Vodafone. Vodafone unlocked it for me (I now use GiffGaff). If I jailbreak, will my phone be locked back to Vodafone?

since it was officially unlocked by voda you dont need to worry about it ever locking up again, though if unlocked with ultrasn0w it would lock by upgrading in itunes, not jailbreaking

AKS said:
any suggestions for a mac compatible software?? will absinthe work with Crossover or Wine??

Use redsn0w.

All the current jailbreak tools have a Mac, and Windows version.

any suggestions for a mac compatible software?? will absinthe work with Crossover or Wine??

you know there is a mac version of absinthe and you dont have to use any emulator... or you can use redsn0w.. both have mac versions

what i actually need is to be able to use the iphone with a foreign sim after updating..........realized that jailbreaking and unlocking aren't exactly the same
can the iphone4 be unlocked without jailbreaking after updating to 5.1.1?? and what software can be used to unlock iphone4?

what i actually need is to be able to use the iphone with a foreign sim after updating..........realized that jailbreaking and unlocking aren't exactly the same
can the iphone4 be unlocked without jailbreaking after updating to 5.1.1?? and what software can be used to unlock iphone4?

Unfortunately if you updated to 5.1.1 there is currently no way to unlock your baseband, you will have to ask the carrier to unlock it.

*sigh* well the carrier's a foreign one,and I asked from their online support,they said they don't unlock their phone,and told me I'll have to use some 3rd party software :mad:
Anyway thanks for the reply :eek:)

*sigh* well the carrier's a foreign one,and I asked from their online support,they said they don't unlock their phone,and told me I'll have to use some 3rd party software :mad:
Anyway thanks for the reply :eek:)

to unlock you need to be jailbroken and on baseband 01.59 or if you happen to be on a baseband supported by gevey sim you could use that method.

I'm thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone the way your showing, is there a way to remove the jailbreak? I have heard that you only need "reinstall" your iPhone and that you can it in your settings??
Please help me!!!!

Joppy371 said:
I'm thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone the way your showing, is there a way to remove the jailbreak? I have heard that you only need "reinstall" your iPhone and that you can it in your settings??
Please help me!!!!

You must restore in iTunes. If you try to erase it from the device, it will cause a bootloop

h2olover1 said:
You must restore in iTunes. If you try to erase it from the device, it will cause a bootloop

Thanks, but how do I do that is it easy? What's bootloop?