What's new

How do I recover something in notes that the phone erased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for help on a product that is not designed very well. That is not being a troll. I said to never mind because I decided to try to retype what I had as best I could because that would be a lot less time. It only made sense. Just like having some type of "undo" would make sense. I do not understand why anyone would take offense to stating something that would just make sense.
I haven't taken offence, I am telling you as an Administrator of this forum to post in a respectful manner.

I have not been disrespectful. But whatever.

I'm looking for help on a product that is not designed very well. That is not being a troll. I said to never mind because I decided to try to retype what I had as best I could because that would be a lot less time. It only made sense. Just like having some type of "undo" would make sense. I do not understand why anyone would take offense to stating something that would just make sense.

You have an interesting take on what is considered designed well and what isn't. With that in mind...

Did it ever occur to you to read the owners manual (you can download it through iBooks) for your several hundred dollar device? I'm going to guess no. Because not only did Apple account for this type of mistake, it made recovering from it very simple. So for future reference, when you fat finger the delete button on a section of selected text and you need it back here is what you do.

1) Shake iPhone.
2) Tape undo.

Yes, it is that simple, when you are doing real time editing, to undo a mistake that is made.

So the issue isn't a poorly designed product. It is a mater of you simply not learning to use your device properly to begin with.

I just tried Skull One's advice and I can categorically state that it works just like he said it did. I deleted a few emails and they reappeared when I shook the phone and chose undo delete. Thanks for some very good advice, Skull One.

I just tried Skull One's advice and I can categorically state that it works just like he said it did. I deleted a few emails and they reappeared when I shook the phone and chose undo delete. Thanks for some very good advice, Skull One.
That is good info, I didn't know about that.

In Settings, under Notes, what is the default account. If it is something besides @On this phone" like Yahoo, then you can check that site. For example, yahoo has a list of folders in its email program. You must check for this on a computer, not the iPhone.

It sounds like you are using the iPhone instead of a computer. With a business. I am not sure I would do this without more frequent syncing and backing up.

You have an interesting take on what is considered designed well and what isn't. With that in mind...

Did it ever occur to you to read the owners manual (you can download it through iBooks) for your several hundred dollar device? I'm going to guess no. Because not only did Apple account for this type of mistake, it made recovering from it very simple. So for future reference, when you fat finger the delete button on a section of selected text and you need it back here is what you do.

1) Shake iPhone.
2) Tape undo.

Yes, it is that simple, when you are doing real time editing, to undo a mistake that is made.

So the issue isn't a poorly designed product. It is a mater of you simply not learning to use your device properly to begin with.
I guess that could be said for everyone on here since no one else said that same thing. They said I had to go back and recover a backup from 20 minutes earlier. Which means I needed to back up my phone approximately every half hour.

Why doesn't Apple create some type of "undo"?
Shake the iPhone. That's the Undo. As for not receiving that response earlier, perhaps no one understood you to be asking how to undelete something when you were asking how to recover something. Semantics, I know but in general conversation that isn't distinctly different but on computers and iPhones, it is.

Yes, it did. That is good to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that could be said for everyone on here since no one else said that same thing. They said I had to go back and recover a backup from 20 minutes earlier. Which means I needed to back up my phone approximately every half hour.

Actually you original question was how to recover the information past the ability to use the built in undo. So the staff answered your question correctly and in a very timely manner.

I simply decided to interject a solution for possible future events of this nature. As well as to show you that iOS is actually a very good operating system once you decide to learn it.

Hopefully in the future, you will not automatically assume that something "sucks" simply because you don't understand it.

Shake the iPhone. That's the Undo. As for not receiving that response earlier, perhaps no one understood you to be asking how to undelete something when you were asking how to recover something. Semantics, I know but in general conversation that isn't distinctly different but on computers and iPhones, it is.
I was highlighting a bunch of text and the phone just deletes it. Obviously I can't ctrl z and get it back so how do I?

Yes, it did. That is good to know.

Just wondering if he gets a warning also since he was a LOT more rude than I was. Not that I was ever rude.

I'll be more than happy to answer that one for you. I stated a set of facts. No more. No less. How you decide to read and perceive those facts is up to you. If you should read it with an angry tone in your head, it will sound angry. If you read it with an arrogant tone, it will sound arrogant. So if you will do me a personal favor and read it with a laughing and smiling tone, you will find that is a factual post with a slight twist of whimsy to it. EG, I was laughing when I wrote my response.

Personally I found your responses funny. So I answered it in kind. Now if you meant for your posts to be mean, then I could understand your confusion that my post my seem mean back.

Actually you original question was how to recover the information past the ability to use the built in undo. So the staff answered your question correctly and in a very timely manner.
No, it wasn't my original question. I asked that question immediately after it happened and, yes, someone answered quick enough to be able to "undo" it but the answer wasn't to shake it. It was to recover the back up which hadn't been backed up in the last 20 minutes so there was nothing to recover there.

No, it wasn't my original question. I asked that question immediately after it happened and, yes, someone answered quick enough to be able to "undo" it but the answer wasn't to shake it. It was to recover the back up which hadn't been backed up in the last 20 minutes so there was nothing to recover there.

So you didn't use the phone in any capacity when you made that post? Then it is a shame I wasn't online then.

Not to belabor it but you heading says recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.