What's new

How do I recover something in notes that the phone erased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigman7

Reaction score
I was highlighting a bunch of text and the phone just deletes it. Obviously I can't ctrl z and get it back so how do I?

Most importantly, make a backup just before you restore the iPad to save any data accumulated from the time the backup with the notes was made and now.

Nevermind. I just accept that the iphone sucks and there's not much to do about it.

Why doesn't Apple create some type of "undo"?

Probably because on a device with greatly limited storage capacity compared to PC's of the day there isn't the excess storage capacity to devote a significant chunk of it to a PC style trash bin. That's why advice from multiple sources says to back up frequently so you don't lose data through mistakenly deleting something.

Probably because on a device with greatly limited storage capacity compared to PC's of the day there isn't the excess storage capacity to devote a significant chunk of it to a PC style trash bin. That's why advice from multiple sources says to back up frequently so you don't lose data through mistakenly deleting something.
We are talking about 0.001% of the storage. It's almost nothing. Just another function that Apple leaves out and makes things more difficult for its users.

It seems to me gigman7 from looking through this thread and your other threads that you might be happier with a different phone /platform.

It seems to me gigman7 from looking through this thread and your other threads that you might be happier with a different phone /platform.
I'd be happier with any more reliable phone. Like a string and 2 tin cans. The iphone sucks.

I had typed up something for a potential customer and needed to send it. The phone just decides to erase a huge amount of it so I need to go home, plug up my phone and reset everything just go get that back.

How stupid is Apple?

The iphone sucks.

How stupid is Apple?
gigman7, Your posts consist of complaining about iPhone and running down Apple.
We take a dim view of trolls in this forum so I suggest you desist with the negative comments, We will help you with your problems but from now on post in a respectful manner.
Thank you.

gigman7, Your posts consist of complaining about iPhone and running down Apple.
We take a dim view of trolls in this forum so I suggest you desist with the negative comments, We will help you with your problems but from now on post in a respectful manner.
Thank you.
I'm looking for help on a product that is not designed very well. That is not being a troll. I said to never mind because I decided to try to retype what I had as best I could because that would be a lot less time. It only made sense. Just like having some type of "undo" would make sense. I do not understand why anyone would take offense to stating something that would just make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.