What's new

High schooler with an iPhone?

hopkinslax2294 said:
They said yes so i'll be getting one in the next week or two when my contract is up. Thank you to all of you!

Yay! Im so happy for you.

Thats Great news. I knew you could do it. Let us know when you get it. I know your gona love it. What color are you planning on getting? Black or White?

I'm most likely going to get black. i like the look of both the black and white but i love the classic look of the black. I'm most likely going to get the 8gb 4 because from what i've read i'm getting mixed reviews about whether or not it is worth the upgrade. and personal takes on that??

I would suggest 16GB to anyone who only has the one iPhone. But, since you stated that you had an iPod touch as well, 8GB should be fine:)

I personally think that if money is the issue and all you can afford is the 8GB then go for it BUT my personal opinion is always get the bigger size you can. There is no way to easy upgrade the size after and you can loose money later.

My 2 cents :) but please understand as well as I do that we all should have a budget and any other decision is understandable.

unicornWaste said:
It seems a lot of people have. I'm a teenager and my parents have Covenant Eyes setup. With that, there are NO restrictions. But, Every week I believe, my mother (Dad is at work to much) receives and e-Mail showing all of the sites I have been to within that week. Obviously this will depend upon you parents.

I'm a teenager too and I'm about as old as you. However, my parents don't have the Covenant eyes setup or anything. The important thing is to keep up their trust in you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

they already trust me 100% it's just that they don't trust all that is out there if you know what i'm sayin. they don't want me using it and all of a sudden have me get on a website. and they know my little sister will play with it when she's bored too so a 7 year old playing on my phone and having pictures pop up wouldn't fly with them.
They understand though that i will need the internet on the fly with all that i'm doing. I'm currently talking with an air force recruiter so there are appointments and important emails that i'll need at my finger tips for reference.
I thought about it and I'm probably gonna go 4. Sure the added space of the 4s is nice but I doubt i'll go over 8 gigs. on my ipod i have about 5 gigs used up and i'm probably not going to put games like brothers in arms and stuff on it unless i have a long trip so I should be fine.
Are there any essentials I should buy with the phone? Case, screen protectors, warranty etc.?? And if so, what case or screen protectors would you suggest?

Congrats to you! I personally like the screen protectors at the Apple store. I tried others and they just didn't fly with me. As far as cases go ( and this is just my opinion) buy something the Apple store sells. I would not buy a case from the kiosk in the mall. If you don't want to buy from Apple look on eBay. They have lots of brand name (ie Speck, Incase, Common) Once congrats and enjoy your new phone.

I would definitely get a screen protector. I personally don't care for zagg. As far as cases go there are thousands to choose from. I have three different ones, and I haven't even had my 4s 3 weeks yet. I also have insurance from Verizon, all though I'm thinking of getting the apple care +, that looks like a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net