What's new

Hi everyone!

Lesleycarter

Reaction score
I am Lesley - new user! I have been having mega problems with my iPhone 5 charging cable - I am on my fourth in 18 months! The disintegration starts with the message, "this accessory may not be supported...." which comes up with increasing frequency until it stops working completely. I know it's not the phone (or I don't think it is as I have cleaned out the port of any debris (and I couldn't find any) and that seems to be the only advice I could find on charging. The first and this one I have now are Apple accessories and the other two were ones I bought from Amazon - the first one a super cheapy and the second one more expensive but as neither of those worked for long, I resorted to an Apple one. I have been on to Apple support who suggested I return the first one under warranty (but that one has long been consigned to the rubbish!) and this latest one was purchased in Sydney Apple Store during a recent visit there (I live in the UK so returning there is not an option!)

Any thoughts from anyone? Please!!

I am Lesley - new user! I have been having mega problems with my iPhone 5 charging cable - I am on my fourth in 18 months! The disintegration starts with the message, "this accessory may not be supported...." which comes up with increasing frequency until it stops working completely. I know it's not the phone (or I don't think it is as I have cleaned out the port of any debris (and I couldn't find any) and that seems to be the only advice I could find on charging. The first and this one I have now are Apple accessories and the other two were ones I bought from Amazon - the first one a super cheapy and the second one more expensive but as neither of those worked for long, I resorted to an Apple one. I have been on to Apple support who suggested I return the first one under warranty (but that one has long been consigned to the rubbish!) and this latest one was purchased in Sydney Apple Store during a recent visit there (I live in the UK so returning there is not an option!) Any thoughts from anyone? Please!!
The Apple warranty on their products is worldwide, you should be able to return a defective product to any Apple Store. Also, even though you think that the problem is not your iPhone 5, you may want to take it and the cable to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store. They can test both items to determine which one, if either, is defective.

Sc1Tfmn.jpg