What's new

Help with iOS7 being super super slow

t6lock

Reaction score
I just updated and jailbroke my iOS 7 and there is something that is being a huge memory hog and I can't figure out what it is. When I reboot or respring, the phone goes back to being ok, but after a while something turns my phone awfully slow. Is there something to determine what the problem is, or what I can do to solve it? I've read about iCleaner, and would like to get some other opinions on that or any other app first.

Thanks

I've moved the post over to iPhone Jailbreaking since it is with regards with a jailbroken device.

Have you tried the preliminary/basic Settings tweaks? Such as disabling background app refresh, turning off all system services in Privacy, turning off Locations/BT and the usual. And, if you're using mass communication apps such as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, etc, make sure you end out the process when not in use, because iOS makes an exception to keep them running in the background even though you have background app refresh off.

Yeah I've done all the small tweaks in settings. Also I do use imo messenger linked to AIM/gchat/messenger and whatsapp. But when my phone is running super slow I close every single app process and it still runs slow. Respring and it's back to normal. 10GB available on my 32GB iPhone 4

You can try modifying the daemons, which was a pretty common practice on iOS 6 and such. Launch Daemons take up at least 25% of the advertised RAM of a device. Unfortunately, since SBSettings isn't iOS 7 updated, you can't modify or disable Substrate Daemons. If you're interested in possibly modifying daemons, I can provide a list of high demand, useless/probably never use daemons that you can change the extension just to keep it for backup purposes in case anything goes wrong or if you need it later on for whatever reason.

I have no idea what any of that is

Whenever you run something that's system related or Apple related, iOS calls on LaunchDaemons. Usually LaunchDaemons are constantly running in the background, so they can increase your battery usage as well as RAM usage. Disabling them can reduce resource usage in most cases