What's new

Need help! Important!

AdamoBernola

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have spent the last 6 hours trying to fix my iPhone. Here is my story:

A few months ago, I unlocked my phone with a Gevey SIM. I jailbroke my phone with redsn0w (tethered) and haven't been having any problems for the past month. I researched a few pages about updating to iOS 5 while being unlocked, and it was a success to many people, so, I gave it a try. After creating a custom IPSW with sn0wbreeze, I tried restoring (to the custom IPSW) and, apparently, was caught in a recovery loop. This is what I tried:

-Using TinyUmbrella's TSS server
-Using redsn0w's recovery fix option
-Using iReb to reboot my phone
-Re-Jailbreaking my phone with redsn0w

I kept getting errors like, 1, 2, 1610, 1614, 3194 and a couple of others I can't remember. I retried and kept getting different error codes.

Please help me!!

I had a problem trying to restore my iPhone 4 and it kept saying different error codes. I looked it up and someone said it could be the cable not connecting the iPhone to the computer properly (damage), i got a new cable and it worked. Hope this helps.

I know this might sound like I'm an idiot, and I probably am. The jailbreak was for 4.3.5 and at the time it was tethered. I wanted to update to iOS 5 with my unlocked gevey SIM card, so I used sn0wbreeze (I think) to preserve the baseband because that's what one of the websites said I had to do. After I did this, it wouldn't upgrade, and I'm guessing I'm still on 4.3.5? But, the main points are that 1. I'm on a tethered jailbreak, 2. I put it into DFU mode, restored over 50 times, still nothing. 3. I spent 8 hours trying to do this, and with my anger problems, my knuckles are bleeding.

Thanks to anyone trying to help, much appreciated !

That's what I tried. At first I was using the custom firmware with SHIFT+Restore on itunes, then the iPhone 4 4.3.5 GSM firmware using the same method, then I just tried clicking the restore, like the default way, and there was no luck :(

:O I haven't tried that yet, I'll be sure to do so tomorrow when I get home from school, my dad has my phone because I was about to brake a wall. Do you know what the reason for that is?

Background
When you restore a stock or custom firmware on any Apple device from iPhone3GS onwards, the process is verified with Apple using SHSH Blobs.
Whenever iTunes is requesting your blobs from the Apple signing servers you see this message in the status bar in iTunes...

ite_01.png

If iTunes does not receive the reply it was expecting, it can throw an unexpected error which usually says:

"The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)"

This problem is usually caused because iTunes is not actually talking to the Apple signing servers to get SHSH blobs, but is more likely pointed towards Cydia. This is usually because you have previously used TinyUmbrella to store your SHSH Blobs or you edited your hosts file manually to point to Cydia.

Background
When you restore a stock or custom firmware on any Apple device from iPhone3GS onwards, the process is verified with Apple using SHSH Blobs.
Whenever iTunes is requesting your blobs from the Apple signing servers you see this message in the status bar in iTunes...

ite_01.png

If iTunes does not receive the reply it was expecting, it can throw an unexpected error which usually says:

"The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)"

This problem is usually caused because iTunes is not actually talking to the Apple signing servers to get SHSH blobs, but is more likely pointed towards Cydia. This is usually because you have previously used TinyUmbrella to store your SHSH Blobs or you edited your hosts file manually to point to Cydia.

So how do you suggest I go about restoring, I always started TinyUmbrella's TSS servers, opened iTunes, and restored with my firmware. I do see that "verifying iPhone restore with Apple" bar, and it does give me an error. Other websites told me I should change the hosts file on my System32 drivers folder, but that also brought me nowhere when I had to restore.

Thanks for your help.

I used to get this error all the time. Did you even read the link I posted? Open TU and uncheck the correct boxes under advanced tab. Do not run the server. Running the server only when you downgrade to a previous version through iTunes and you are re-routing the SSH blobs to Cydia.

Now that you want to do a fresh upgrade through itunes youi need them to contact Apple's server. Something like that, I'm no expert to it but at least tell me you read the post #7

I read that post, and what I am trying to do is downgrade. I had a 4.3.5 iPhone 4, then I unlocked and jailbroke it using a GEVEY SIM and redsn0w, then I wanted to upgrade to 5.0, but the restore that I did before trying to upgrade just put me in a recovery loop, so now I am trying to downgrade to 4.3.3. I never saw my phone on the iOS 5, therefore, the update was never successful.

This is what I am doing to downgrade.

I put my iPhone into DFU mode
I open TinyUmbrella (while having the boxes you said unchecked) and start the TSS server
I open up iTunes, and SHIFT+Click 'Restore' and select the firmware named iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
iTunes usually gets to the part of "verifying iPhone restore with Apple" or "Waiting for iPhone" and during the whole process, my iPhone has the Apple logo with a 0% progress bar
The progress bar usually gets to about 3/4 and then iTunes 'aborts' and displays an error message, sometimes '1', '2', '3194'

I have been getting error 2005 without iTunes even trying to update the iPhone, I click 'restore' and it just 'extracts the firmware' then attempts to connect to the Apple servers but fails.

Please help
G-Weezy, thanks for your help

Thanks everyone, I just updated to iOS 5 and all is well, but I can't use my unlocked GEVEY SIM because it is not compatible with iOS 5. Will a downgrade to 4.3.5 work?

When I updated to 5.01 I was able to downgrade back to 4.3.2 iOS using TU server. Just relax and try it again. When you open up TU what SSH firmware is saved? 4.3.1,4.3.2? Try to download a firmware that matches that saved SSH blob and restore it to that firmware. Trust me it took me awhile also, I was frustrated for 3 days. When I finally got the firmware loaded my dumb self tried to jailbreak it again. It took 3 times before I was able to get it. Just try it again and double check all the steps. I know it's a PITA.