What's new

Help with home screen and icons

mach1man

Reaction score
Ok so I just switched over from an android device and I have question for you all. On my android device I could place icons anywhere on the screen and not have an issue, but on the iPhone it wants to but them in a line :( How can I fix this? Is there an app (free or paid) or do I have to jail break it? Any help would be great

How dump is that. Someone should really make an app for this.

How dump is that. Someone should really make an app for this.

Apple would never allow developers to openly install packages that modifies default configurations.lol. This is what makes iOS more stable and generally more secure then Android.

And this is also why we jailbreak. A world wide community designed different modifications. The best part about this opposed to Android, is that all "legit" repos show exactly what's being installed in what root directory.

Idk all about it being better that I have to root to put icons where I want them, I think that should be a built in thing from apple. I never had security issues on my android. I really like apple bc it has so many accessories also it is very stable. I'm kinda worried that if I jail break it will cause it to become unstable.

Sorry root = jail break. Still trying to switch from android talk to apple. Lol.

mach1man said:
Sorry root = jail break. Still trying to switch from android talk to apple. Lol.

It doesn't make it unstable. It has the potential to tho. It's always best to restore and setup as new before jailbreaking. But the latest redsn0w seems pretty stable to me. My iPod is jailbroken with Sn0wbreeze...it seems fine.

It's as easy as checking compatibility between the iOS, device model.....and the tweak/app you think you might want to install. That's it. Simple.

Ok awesome. Will I lose all of my apps and contacts when I jail break it

Ok awesome. Will I lose all of my apps and contacts when I jail break it

No. You don't lose anything. All it does install one application. That app would be Cydia. That's it. Enjoy;)

Is there an untethered jail break for iPhone 4 non S running 5.1

mach1man said:
Is there an untethered jail break for iPhone 4 non S running 5.1

Man if there was an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 there is no way your would "not" know about it. That kind of info is only posted absolutely everywhere.

No. There is only a tethered jailbreak for A4 devices on 5.1.

When the untethered is released....I hardly think you'll have to ask anyone.lol.

Ok thanks man. Guess I'll hold of to jail break till there is an untethered jail break. Lol

I'm a little confused. Are you trying to reorder you icons? If so, that is possible without jail breaking.

I have a rooted Android and a jail broken 4S. I did not lose anything due to the jail break. I like not having to use a recovery system to install themes. I can mix part of one theme with part of another. iOS is more forgiving than Android, IMO. If you do jail break install Gridlock, from Cydia, and you can place icons anywhere you wish and in different patterns is you like.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.