What's new

Help updating 3GS

cummo13

Reaction score
Hey I'm back again 2 years ago I got help here from a very helpful guy..
I can't remember what he told me to do again..

3GS 5.1.1 and ISO 6 .. Do I use redsnow .. Where do you get cfw and how do you update it then .. Yep I'm a noob an I be very grateful if someone can walk me true the updating ... Thank you

Hey I'm back again 2 years ago I got help here from a very helpful guy..
I can't remember what he told me to do again..

3GS 5.1.1 and ISO 6 .. Do I use redsnow .. Where do you get cfw and how do you update it then .. Yep I'm a noob an I be very grateful if someone can walk me true the updating ... Thank you

If you do not rely on using UltraSn0w to unlock your device, just upgrade using iTunes and jailbreak using p0sixspwn, which is a one-click userland exploit, meaning no IPSW needed, and takes at most 10 minutes depending on how fast your computer is (usually takes 5 minutes).

Where do you get the cfw or ISO .. Is it safe to just update on iTunes .. What iso is safe iso to update to

Use RedSn0w and an iOS 6.1.6 IPSW for your 3GS. Follow any one of the methods in this tutorial. Wherever it asks for an IPSW, point it to the 6.1.6 IPSW for your 3GS. When prompted to by RedSn0w, say that you want to preserve your baseband. If you're using iFaith, select the option to preserve your baseband.

Alternatively, you can use RedSn0w to create a custom IPSW to use with iTunes if you don't want it all to be done in one step. Open RedSn0w, click on Extras > Custom IPSW and point RedSn0w to the 6.1.6 IPSW. Once the new custom NO_BB IPSW has been created, put your 3GS into DFU mode, then in RedSn0w, click on "Pwned DFU" to place your device into Pwned DFU mode. Close out RedSn0w and in iTunes v11.0.5 or below ONLY ​Shift/Command + Click the Restore button and point iTunes to the NO_BB IPSW that you just created.

What redsnow do I use sorry I have 0.9.9b4 .. That's the one I have from two years ago

What redsnow do I use sorry I have 0.9.9b4 .. That's the one I have from two years ago

RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 is the last iteration of RedSn0w. There should be a link to download it in the guide I linked above.

every time I try to put the ipsw file to restore 6.1.6 it keeps giving me foo.ipsw file not found.. do I need to do something with the file first

I have tried that lots of time an I'm getting know where,,, the 5.1.1 file has a music box on it .. Do I need to do the same with the 6.1.6 file an then will it go in to the Ipsw part on redsnow .. Sorry I am grateful for you helping me willerz2 so thanks so far..

Make sure you're downloading the IPSW through a browser that's not Internet Explorer, or it will be downloaded as a ZIP. Here is the direct link for the iPhone 3GS 6.1.6 firmware IPSW.

hi i was unable to get tts server an know my phone wont turn on help please pal

Willerz ... Pal Ive did what you said and I'm getting unable to connect to TSS server ... So downloaded ifaith an what available blobs ,, the highest is 6.1.3 on that .... What shall I do pal..

ok I used ifaith got the blobs what is on my cydia it goes only to 6.1.3 so I saved that and downloaded the file to,, so went back in to ipsw and did what that said using the 6.1.3 file... but know im getting restoring {no bb} and its stuck on waiting for device .. I no I have done something wrong willer2 can you give me advoice on what to do next please