What's new

Help needed with Iphone+gmail

Sumobasho1982

Reaction score
As the title says i have a gmail account and i am having trouble setting it up as my email account on my iphone 4 which is running ios 7.1.2.
If anyone out there could give me some pointers i would really appreciate it

Well i had a read up on it and done the following,
Enabled the imap function on my gmail account via my laptop
Clicked the email app which gave me options on the kind of mail i have
Since there was no gmail option i clicked other
Entered my info as per the instructions
It then showed as being set up on the phone but wasnt showing any mail at all
My gmail account had a warning that someone ( me ) had tried to sign into my account and google had stopped it on grounds that "it was from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards"
So that is where i am at.It seems google are being party poopers and i have no idea what to do next.

Thanks once again,your like my own personal iphone genie lol,

That worked a treat.Do you know if it is possible to mark emails from certain parties as junk and then delete all of these emails from your inbox on the iphone?My chromebook must automatically delete or move such emails to junk but my iphone has just brought up ove 600 old emails so when i look at mail it says i have over 600 unread emails hehe

If you wish to mark them as Junk, go to one of the emails, and look for the Flag icon. Your software is iOS 7.1.2, so this might look different:
image.jpeg

Tap it, and select this:
image.jpeg

The only way to do this, is going to every email and marking them one by one, if they are in your Inbox.

Are the unread emails in your Inbox, or in a different folder?

Hi yeah they are in my inbox,looks like i will have to set aside a whole night for this hehe