What's new

Gmail on iphone

dengirl

Reaction score
Am trying to send a picture from my gmail account on the iPhone but I do not see how to attach a picture. I missing something ?

I take it you are using the Gmail app...Gmail assumes that everyone knows what there icons are (ive been confused in the past). To attach a file you have to hit the little paper clip up at the top of the screen.

seneca18 said:
I take it you are using the Gmail app...Gmail assumes that everyone knows what there icons are (ive been confused in the past). To attach a file you have to hit the little paper clip up at the top of the screen.

Actually I am not using the set gmail app just the stock mail that came with iphone. I have it set up with my gmail. I found out to send a picture I had to go into my pictures and send that way. I don't see a paper clip in the stock email as I have in most email. Unless I'm missing it

Ah got ya. There is no way to attach a file right from the native mail app unfortunately. Like you said you have to do it through camera roll or whatever you are trying to send. I don't know if your jailbroken or not but there is a cydia tweak called AnyAttach that lets you do this. I have not personally used it yet since switching to the Gmail app. I switched to Gmail for that reason and have to say I like it much better.

seneca18 said:
Ah got ya. There is no way to attach a file right from the native mail app unfortunately. Like you said you have to do it through camera roll or whatever you are trying to send. I don't know if your jailbroken or not but there is a cydia tweak called AnyAttach that lets you do this. I have not personally used it yet since switching to the Gmail app. I switched to Gmail for that reason and have to say I like it much better.

Thank you

Oh a gmail app will allow me to send pics!!
I'll Check it out!
I dislike how I can only do it via camera roll but lived lol it's one thing I'd love to do is through the email app... I'll check it out:)

So, there's no way to attach a non-pic file such as a document from within Gmail?
I just switched from Android to iPhone yesterday and will definitely be learning for quite some time.

Thanks

ken

kmassing said:
So, there's no way to attach a non-pic file such as a document from within Gmail?
I just switched from Android to iPhone yesterday and will definitely be learning for quite some time.

Thanks

ken

The email program that came already per installed on the one will not let you send files or pictures through the email it's self but you may send a picture through the email while you are in the camera roll select the picture and select email.

You can also hold your finger on a pic or on a doc and copy and paste it

You can also hold your finger on a pic or on a doc and copy and paste it

Agree! Or you can open the photo app select the photo and tap the share icon (lower left) a new screen will open with options to email, message assign to contact, use as wallpaper, tweet, or print.

A way of sending picture via E-mail: find the picture stored on iPhone, there you will find an option:Email photo, click and fill your Gmail account then send.

Cool way to send more than one picture on a email body.

Its a good news for the Iphone users. This applications provided by the apple brand in the Iphone is more master and more comprehensive search than any other Mail app. We can use color-coding for threaded emails.