What's new

Help! iOS expired

Invoidness

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 I think the current iOS is 3.1.3 or earlier but I'm not totally sure. The iOS is expired so it's showing random error messages like, 'sim card not installed and 'iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it again.' now it's stuck on that last error and will only let me make 'emergency calls.' I can't get it to show up on iTunes to update it. If someone could give me some advice on how to fix this I'd really appreciate it!

Thats whats on there. Regardless, ur comment doesn't really help me much...

Try holding the home button and power button together at the same time for 10 seconds until you see the apple logo appear

Sounds like you have faulty hardware. It also sounds like it's overheating. If you're not unlocked on one of the unlockable BaseBands, I suggest you update to the latest iOS. If you are relying on a BaseBand unlock, make a custom iOS firmware.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Invoidness said:
Thats whats on there. Regardless, ur comment doesn't really help me much...

you said or earlier. not later. please lets be nice here. thanks

Try holding the home button and power button together at the same time for 10 seconds until you see the apple logo appear
I've tried this several times, it just shows the same screen, 'iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it again'

Sounds like you have faulty hardware. It also sounds like it's overheating. If you're not unlocked on one of the unlockable BaseBands, I suggest you update to the latest iOS. If you are relying on a BaseBand unlock, make a custom iOS firmware.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

I don't really need the jailbreak for anything so I don't care if I loose it. Apple support is telling me that it's showing the overheating error because the software is expired. But because I can't get it to show up in iTunes I cant update it. Is there a way I can update it without using iTunes?

Can u get it in DFU mode?

If not and u still can't get itunes to recognize it or for that matter boot up, the phone has a real
major issue most likely hardware related.

You could also try ibrowser its a PC browser to search files on the iphone and maybe you can delete ios from that?
i never tried ibrowser so maybe someone else can shed some info.

If all else fails call apple again and tell them that you can't do anything to get the phone to boot up or even recognize at all in itunes and tell what ya tried, maybe you can send it in for repair for 100.00 to 149.00?

Or if under warranty then all is good.
Or you have a very expensive paper weight
Or sell on ebay or elsewhere for parts
Or by a used one and keep this one for parts