What's new

Going beyond Siri's list of commands.

mmoverman

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone out there has experimented with Siri's capabilities and found anything beyond the excellent list that seems to be all over the forum.

The best I've come up with helps a lot with monthly billing. After the meeting with a client, I enter the number of hours I spent with them in the "location" spot. I also use the calender for many other things. At the end of the month I can give this type of command:

"Show all appointments with Emily from December 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011." Since the location is shown in the preview, I can easily count up the hours. If you don't give the year, Siri always interprets the date as being in the future so she responds that I have no appointments.

Another that works is: "Show all emails from Eve."

It seems that Siri has the abiity to sort through appointments and emails (others?) and present an edited list. In a sense, actually applying some logic. I'm new to the forum so this may be old news but I'd like to learn if there any other commands of this sort people have "discovered".

If your iphone is jailbroken. Go to Cydia and buy MyAssistant for 99 cents. Then you can set up your on commands.

AssistantExtensions is what I use, it adds TONS of new features including launching apps, modifying system settings and even custom commands. Best of all, it's 100% free :)

I wonder why there is no manual for Siri. I would never have known you could do that.