What's new

Frustrating wi fi issue

mrjaffa

Reaction score
Hi guys. Currently can't connect to the wi fi at work. It's sometimes a little dodgy but right now it is up and running at 50mb as everyone else is connected to it with their phones and laptop. Oddly enough, the only other person who can't, is the one other iphone user. We both have the iphone 5, on the latest software. I've obviously tried resetting the modem/router, tried forgetting the network, renew lease, reset network settings... Still doesn't work. We have 2 connections at work, the one upstairs isn't always reliable, only if you are upstairs, but I can connect to that upstairs (different connection and modem altogether). So when downstairs, my phone sees both networks, will sometimes connect to the one upstairs, but the main one shows, but just has the little loading icon next to it. It never gets a tick. Any suggestions?

Is the router at work an older model? Sometimes newer devices can have problems with old routers. Maybe it's time to upgrade the work router.

Nope. It's quite a new one. Any other suggestions? Must be a reason why other devices work ok but not the iphones. I'm on the laptop now with it, speeds of over 20mb wirelessly. And don't forget the iphones used to connect just fine.

Nope. It's quite a new one. Any other suggestions? Must be a reason why other devices work ok but not the iphones. I'm on the laptop now with it, speeds of over 20mb wirelessly. And don't forget the iphones used to connect just fine.

Maybe that particular model of router has problems with WiFi connections for the iPhone 5. Have you contacted the manufacturer to enquire whether others have reported the same problem with the router?