What's new

Wi-Fi connection problems with IOS 11

JasUK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just updated IOS to the latest verstion (IOS 11). My Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping and sometimes won't connect back properly it seems. I understand this may be a known bug.

I have tried resetting the network settings and turning the phone on and off etc. but it no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

A list of things you could try as well:
If you’re using VPN, disable it.

Go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System Services, and disable Wi-Fi Networking.

If you use this feature:
Disable and enable Wi-Fi Assist in Settings - Cellular (or Mobile Data).

Configure the DNS in Settings - Wi-Fi - your network - tap the information button next to it - Configure DNS - Manual - Add Server, enter 8.8.8.8.

Hope that helps.

A list of things you could try as well:
If you’re using VPN, disable it.

Go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System Services, and disable Wi-Fi Networking.

If you use this feature:
Disable and enable Wi-Fi Assist in Settings - Cellular (or Mobile Data).

Configure the DNS in Settings - Wi-Fi - your network - tap the information button next to it - Configure DNS - Manual - Add Server, enter 8.8.8.8.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, will give that a go. :)

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks, still no joy. I have reset all settings and still the Wi-Fi connection is dubious. I think I may need to reinstall IOS?

Thanks, still no joy. I have reset all settings and still the Wi-Fi connection is dubious. I think I may need to reinstall IOS?
That’s possible. Did you update over the air?

The latest version is 11.0.1, btw. It came with bug fixes and improvements. If your device isn’t up to date yet, connect it to iTunes, make sure there’s a most recent backup, and update it via iTunes.

That’s possible. Did you update over the air?

The latest version is 11.0.1, btw. It came with bug fixes and improvements. If your device isn’t up to date yet, connect it to iTunes, make sure there’s a most recent backup, and update it via iTunes.

Yes, I updated it via Wi-Fi. Yep, it is v11.0.1.

It is possible to back up my stuff without a Wi-Fi connection? Do I run iTunes on my PC and go about it that way?

iTunes can backup your iPhone as well. There are a few (minor) differences between iCloud and iTunes backup.
About backups for iOS devices

If you use the Health app on your iPhone, or Activity, encrypt your backup in iTunes, so that these will be backed up as well, but make sure you don’t forget the password for the backup.

iTunes can backup your iPhone as well. There are a few (minor) differences between iCloud and iTunes backup.
About backups for iOS devices

If you use the Health app on your iPhone, or Activity, encrypt your backup in iTunes, so that these will be backed up as well, but make sure you don’t forget the password for the backup.

Thanks. It does seem to be working at the moment but it is very slow.

So I just connect my phone to my PC and go about it that way?

Still the same problem. :(

Going to try doing a fresh install...

That’s the only option left.

If your problem persists, send feedback to Apple:
Feedback - iPhone - Apple
They might not contact you, in fact it’s not very likely that they’ll do, but they’ll certainly try to fix this, if many users are affected.

That’s the only option left.

If your problem persists, send feedback to Apple:
Feedback - iPhone - Apple
They might not contact you, in fact it’s not very likely that they’ll do, but they’ll certainly try to fix this, if many users are affected.

Thanks. I've reported what seems to be a bug.

I've reinstalled IOS 11 but the problem persists even still. I think I may need to go back to a previous version.