What's new

From reading Geoffrey a. Fowler of the Washington Post Review

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
Here in my city yesterday there was long lines of people who waited all night in front of all stores that were going to have the Apple iPhoneX for sale in the morning this was yesterday Friday 11/04/2017.
Today i wonder how many had wished they had read Geoffrey A. Fowler's review, he only had access to it for around 15 hours, but found out it was going to take a lot more understanding before it was going to be quickly useful.

I think everyone already knows your not just going to pick it up and start using it, just unlocking the X phone will take some people a lot of time, and when there driving and the phone rings will they really stop and hold it up for their face to unlock it or try punching in their pin.

And they are finding no home button and will have to start finger swiping the screen for menus and getting an apt needed.

From reading what Mr. Fowler quickly found i am betting the Apple Stores all over are full of people, needing to speak to the Genius people.

Mr. Fowler did not take away new Apple iPhonX was not state of the art technology he just said it was going to take some understanding from their older phones before being happy phone users.

Of course, if you’re driving and your new iPhone X or any phone rings, you should pull over before answering. You should be able to answer a call from the lock screen.

Of course, if you’re driving and your new iPhone X or any phone rings, you should pull over before answering. You should be able to answer a call from the lock screen.

I understand this was just thinking this new unlocking system could cause problems, if someone did not stop driving and just held phone up in front of themselves or tried putting their pin in.

Probably not as bad to use facial recognition to open iPhone while driving as trying to enter passcode or print scanner. Should be able to glance over at the phone to unlock.

Unlocking a phone while driving with any method is a bad thing because it generally means you are going to use the phone in other than a Siri type mode which is dangerous. Please just don't.

Probably not as bad to use facial recognition to open iPhone while driving as trying to enter passcode or print scanner. Should be able to glance over at the phone to unlock.

Unlocking a phone while driving with any method is a bad thing because it generally means you are going to use the phone in other than a Siri type mode which is dangerous. Please just don't.

I agree having people trying to use their phones drift into my lane many times.

It took me about 15 mins to get the hang of it, well enough to do all normal stuff and I’m an old fart, so goodness knows what snowflakes are around now that need molly coddled.

Anyone with a qjuarter of a brain spending that kind of money would have done as I did and watch some videos about it BEFORE buying it, plenty were available with nice pictures for the even dafter ones, if they couldn’t be arsed then just take their money and leave them to it :)

I answered a call yesterday while driving, but to be honest, can't remember if I had to look at it or not? Huh? I know it didn't leave any impression on me, so it wasn't any thing out of the ordinary to do.

OK, I just called my phone from my desk phone. It works just like any other iPhone. You have to glance at it to find the slide to answer. It answered just fine, but I don't know if it unlocked or not. In any event, my 2 cents is that the experience is the same as any other iPhone I've ever owned when answering a call.

I answered a call yesterday while driving, but to be honest, can't remember if I had to look at it or not? Huh? I know it didn't leave any impression on me, so it wasn't any thing out of the ordinary to do.

OK, I just called my phone from my desk phone. It works just like any other iPhone. You have to glance at it to find the slide to answer. It answered just fine, but I don't know if it unlocked or not. In any event, my 2 cents is that the experience is the same as any other iPhone I've ever owned when answering a call.
No its not at all, your fibbing ;)

I'm lost. What am I fibbing about?
Th Face ID only works at a certain distance, mine is on a Qi charger at a distance I can read without glasses and it doesn't recognise my face, I have to lean right over or pick up the phone, same happens at certain angles, as has been mentioned it only works in portrait mode so you need to be pretty much straight n for it to work, not a problem, better than finger ID but still there are times it won't work.

Didn’t anyone notice that from the moment you look to your iphone when someone is calling it automatically turns down the ring volume.
And yes you don’t need to unlock it to answer your calls.
No, but that is cool! Now I gotta try it...

Holy crap! It's sitting in it's charger beside my desk just like always. I called it fro my desk phone. When I turned to look at it, the volume went down. That's awesome!