What's new

Find My Friends is locked

EmptyL

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S at iOS 6.0.1. Find My Friends (FMF) used to work without a problem. After updating to iOS 6, the person I already had defined to FMF still worked (I could monitor where they were) but everything else was disabled. I could not edit that person, I could not add new people, I could not add temporary people, and I could not delete the app. I finally deleted it via iTunes then re-installed it but when I open it now, it simply displays a screen that says "Disable Restrictions in Settings to sign in to Find My Friends". The only FMF option that I can find in Settings is under "Contacts" under the "Privacy" option and I have that turned "On". I was hoping that the update to iOS 6.0.1 would help but it did not.

I would appreciate any suggestions to get this working again. Thanks.

I feel like an idiot. I discovered the answer in the hints and tips thread and actually, the message that FMF was displaying gave the answer. Settings contains a option that allows a parent to restrict a child from using certain apps. It is called "Restrictions" and can be found in Settings >> General >> Restrictions. You must enter a four-digit passcode to enter the Restrictions option but once inside you can enable restrictions or disable restrictions. In my case, restrictions had somehow become enabled so I disabled them. Find My Friends is now fully functional again.