What's new

Error 3194 will not go away.

a13x612

Reaction score
Hello all.

I didn't know where else to turn after trying every possible solution on the internet. So here is an elaboration of the issue:

I have the white iPhone 4 16gb for Verizon and I can't get it to jailbreak. It is currently at version 4.2.8 and i downloaded the latest sn0wbreeze and followed all the directions to the T. After getting the error, i tried the tiny umbrella trick of unchecking the "set hosts to cydia on exit" box, restarted the computer, but it still came up. I also tried editing the hosts file in windows/system32/drivers/etc, still nothing. It is just possible that I can't jailbreak my particular phone? I bought it a week ago if that matters at all.

Thanks a lot!

Most likely you fixed your HOSTS but had iTunes running. Do 1 thing at a time, fix your HOSTS, use # to comment out the apple line(s), then reboot just for the sake of it. Then do everything to the T again.

You preserving your baseband aren't you? It could be a good idea to preserve it even if yours isn't unlockable at the moment. Later on it could be unlockable. If you going to sell your phone it would be a major +

Hello all.

I didn't know where else to turn after trying every possible solution on the internet. So here is an elaboration of the issue:

I have the white iPhone 4 16gb for Verizon and I can't get it to jailbreak. It is currently at version 4.2.8 and i downloaded the latest sn0wbreeze and followed all the directions to the T. After getting the error, i tried the tiny umbrella trick of unchecking the "set hosts to cydia on exit" box, restarted the computer, but it still came up. I also tried editing the hosts file in windows/system32/drivers/etc, still nothing. It is just possible that I can't jailbreak my particular phone? I bought it a week ago if that matters at all.

Thanks a lot!
i had this same problem, all i did was diable my firewall and it went right through.