What's new

tinyumbrella doesn't work, help! (error 3194)

Oscar_Atlas

Reaction score
I wanted to downgrade to IOS 6.1.3 but iTunes prevents me from doing so (error 3194). I've tried everything! editing the "host file", disabling firewall/anti-virus, trying it on another computer, nothing works! I still get error 3194! I've come across tinyumbrella, something that might be a solution to error 3194 but it doesn't even seem to work, what should I do?

View attachment 108085

iPad 2, IOS 9.3.2

Capture.png

You can't downgrade this device.

Let me elaborate, Apple isn't signing the firmware you want to go back to. So the sever isn't going to acknowledge your request. Certain devices that the user had saved 'blobs' to might.... I'm assuming you don't have blobs saved.... I'm almost certain you're stuck at the newest firmware. Unless someone corrects me, you're stuck where you're at. There are no work arounds, no tools/programs that can help you.

Related: iOS 10 dropped support for iPad 2. I recommend you stay where you're at and wait to see if anything happens with a a jailbreak. Other than that, this is it.

Last edited:
I wanted to downgrade to IOS 6.1.3 but iTunes prevents me from doing so (error 3194). I've tried everything! editing the "host file", disabling firewall/anti-virus, trying it on another computer, nothing works! I still get error 3194! I've come across tinyumbrella, something that might be a solution to error 3194 but it doesn't even seem to work, what should I do?

View attachment 108085

iPad 2, IOS 9.3.2

You can't downgrade this device.

Let me elaborate, Apple isn't signing the firmware you want to go back to. So the sever isn't going to acknowledge your request. Certain devices that the user had saved 'blobs' to might.... I'm assuming you don't have blobs saved.... I'm almost certain you're stuck at the newest firmware. Unless someone corrects me, you're stuck where you're at. There are no work arounds, no tools/programs that can help you.

Related: iOS 10 dropped support for iPad 2. I recommend you stay where you're at and wait to see if anything happens with a a jailbreak. Other than that, this is it.
StarkCity is correct. There's no way to downgrade the iOS version on your iPad 2. The 3194 error means you've been trying to install an incompatible firmware.

Part of the update process is an online verification with Apple servers. If Apple is no longer signing the particular iOS version you're trying to install, verification will fail every time.

Last edited: