What's new

Emoji fail

ISean

Reaction score
Since upgrading to 5.0 non iPhone users can no longer see emojis I send. Any help would be appreciated please.

ISean said:
Since upgrading to 5.0 non iPhone users can no longer see emojis I send. Any help would be appreciated please.

Depends on what emoji u are using. First off, what model iPhone are you using, and what emoji are u using? And are the recipients using an iOS Device? Cuz If not, it's cuz they don't have emoji. Twitter doesn't support it, nor does facebook. Or even iPF.net. (I've tried accessing it from my Mac, and only see lil square blocks, but when I view it on my iPhone, I can see them.)

Me personally, I use Emoji free! By iToyToy.com, and had it on iOS 4, an still works perfectly now that I am on iOS 5.

Also, if u are willing to pay $.99, u can get Emoji for iOS 5 by iApp Universe. They claim its the "Emoji FOR iOS 5", and to be in HD which means universal for iOS devices (I.e. the iPad, since iPad has some apps that are in HD, and not compatible with iPhone)

Anyway, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or try emoji free by iToyToy.com, cuz I'm not having any problem with it.

Hope I helped. If not, I have an excuse LOL. (it's too early!) :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. A friend that I text regularly and always got my emojis before the upgrade hasn't been able to see mine since the upgrade. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the keyboard but still no luck. I'll try the app by the peeps u suggested and report back.

Still no go on the emojis for non iPhone users that used to see them. What a bummer.

I have a stranger issue. I can see emoji from my gf and her android phone. She can't see mine. She can see them from her kids and they both have iPhones on iOS 4.

Android can use emoji, depending on the SMS program and chosen plugins.

When I updated my watspps to the lastest update. I lost the emoji icons but I am still on 4.2.1. Has anyone else had the same problem. I want my emoji icons back....