What's new

Element case vapor pro spectra

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im thinking of buying the above case but its very pricey,has anyone got this case?if so whats it like,can you recomend it?is it worth the money?

!) Aluminum cases impede wifi and 3G data. 2)Paying $150 for a case on a phone you can get fixed from Apple out of warranty-likely free in warranty-for $199-less at many repair places- just seems stupid.

That being said, it's a nice looking case.

!) Aluminum cases impede wifi and 3G data. 2)Paying $150 for a case on a phone you can get fixed from Apple out of warranty-likely free in warranty-for $199-less at many repair places- just seems stupid.

That being said, it's a nice looking case.
Didnt really understand your reply,as i understand it that case doesnt impede reception,i know some do tho,it was 2)i didnt get,theres nothing wrong with my phone so dont understand that part.

I have the case mentioned, it doesn't effect signal in the slightest.

It does how ever seriously protect the iPhone 4, I have dropped my phone a couple of times and it's hit hard, but not a mark on the case or phone!

Money well spent!

I have the case mentioned, it doesn't effect signal in the slightest.

It does how ever seriously protect the iPhone 4, I have dropped my phone a couple of times and it's hit hard, but not a mark on the case or phone!

Money well spent!
Ah thankyou,did you get the one with the plush back?it is expensive but looks so gorgeous also have you had any scratches from it on the metal band around your phone,apparently some bumpers do this.

Last edited:
I have the vapor pro and the spec ops. Absolutely love each!!! I would recommend only buying one or the other, since I like both equally, I can't decide which to go with. I've experienced absolutely zero issues with the aluminum interference theory. NONE, and anyone who says differently I think might be a bit mislead.

The one quirk with the element metal bumpers that I find a bit odd is the size of the screw heads. With the spec ops version it comes with a little handy wrench for installing. One would be under the impression that it's one size fits all for their metal styles. They are not and all others beside the spec ops take a slightly larger head. So if you decide to purchase be aware you will need to have a smaller size allen wrench set handy for installation. If you are more of a bumper style case person, I don't think there are any better than the elements. They are pricey! Who cares, when you die you can't take the money with you

Special K, cause I'm special, duh!!!

I have the vapor pro and the spec ops. Absolutely love each!!! I would recommend only buying one or the other, since I like both equally, I can't decide which to go with. I've experienced absolutely zero issues with the aluminum interference theory. NONE, and anyone who says differently I think might be a bit mislead.

The one quirk with the element metal bumpers that I find a bit odd is the size of the screw heads. With the spec ops version it comes with a little handy wrench for installing. One would be under the impression that it's one size fits all for their metal styles. They are not and all others beside the spec ops take a slightly larger head. So if you decide to purchase be aware you will need to have a smaller size allen wrench set handy for installation. If you are more of a bumper style case person, I don't think there are any better than the elements. They are pricey! Who cares, when you die you can't take the money with you

Lol,thanks for the info,i don't mind paying the price as long as they are worth it,they certainly look good in photos,hmmm what colour???

Pink... perhaps? LOL!!
i like the red and silver but that seems to come as a full case with the plush back and i like to see the apple,i know i could use it without the back but of course it costs more.

Yes... the red/silver is awfully pretty! ;-) I'm in the same boat, not sure I dig the "plush" back either.

When i had a problem with crimson case they instructed me to do a field test. that test determined the case was in fact interfering. Do a field test with and without the case to check.

Poisonivy said:
Lol,thanks for the info,i don't mind paying the price as long as they are worth it,they certainly look good in photos,hmmm what colour???

I have the black and blue in the vapor, the spec ops only comes in the black and has the yellowish piece in the corner. The one thing I do like with the spec ops over the vapor is the spec ops is a bit thinner and doesn't seem as bulky, although I wouldn't really describe the vapor as bulky at all. The red and black does look good, I'm just not a red and black kind of guy.

jpcamaro70 said:
When i had a problem with crimson case they instructed me to do a field test. that test determined the case was in fact interfering. Do a field test with and without the case to check.

My job has me driving anywhere from all over San Antonio, Tx all the way out to quite literally the middle of nowhere towards Mexico. Not once have I ever experienced interference. The areas I had little to no service before I purchased both cases are still the same, and the areas where I had service are no better or worse. My phone is my daily lifeline with my job, I have to charge at times 3 times a day due to usage (I have 4s and no I am not one of those that feel I have battery issues). My point is, with sheer amount of time I am on my phone, if I thought I my case was interfering with my work, I'd roll the window down and toss it in a road side dumpster.

My job has me driving anywhere from all over San Antonio, Tx all the way out to quite literally the middle of nowhere towards Mexico. Not once have I ever experienced interference. The areas I had little to no service before I purchased both cases are still the same, and the areas where I had service are no better or worse. My phone is my daily lifeline with my job, I have to charge at times 3 times a day due to usage (I have 4s and no I am not one of those that feel I have battery issues). My point is, with sheer amount of time I am on my phone, if I thought I my case was interfering with my work, I'd roll the window down and toss it in a road side dumpster.

i just read a review from march this year which says that the makers of the element case have addressed the the issue of interference with cases produced in what appears to be the last year our so,they called it "death grip"?

Might try looking at the RokForm Aluminum case. High quality doesn't block signal and is about $70