What's new

Do you have insurance on your iPhone?

Rocko

Reaction score
If so, what kind? I see V offers the insurance and then insurance and extended warranty. What does the Ext. Warranty offer?

Its just extends the one year warranty and prorates the phones price if you loose it damage it and so on

I purchased the apple care with my iPhone through Verizon.

Its just extends the one year warranty and prorates the phones price if you loose it damage it and so on

I saw it's $169 deductible or something. I guess compared to $649 it's not such a hit. Do you know if warranty claims past the one year have a deductible?

Thanks.

I use SquareTrade $99 for 2 years $50 deductible, includes dropping it,as long as you have it to return to them...

I contemplated using SquareTrade for my iPhone 4s, but if I was going to spend money on a protection plan I wanted something would cover lost and stolen phones. I use ProtectMe Plans $129 for 2 years ($50 deductible for damaged phones and $75 for lost or stolen phones). It's slightly more expensive than SquareTrade but for me the extra coverage is worth it.

I have insurance with my bank. Which covers me for damage loss theft etc and lucjy enough to get that for free because of the type of account i have. £70 excess in the first 6months though if making a claim. Suppose its still a hell of a lot better than forkin out for a whole new iphone though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contemplated using SquareTrade for my iPhone 4s, but if I was going to spend money on a protection plan I wanted something would cover lost and stolen phones. I use ProtectMe Plans $129 for 2 years ($50 deductible for damaged phones and $75 for lost or stolen phones). It's slightly more expensive than SquareTrade but for me the extra coverage is worth it.

How reliable/reputation is this company? I tried Google but couldn't find much.

Thanks,
Harvey

I have insurance thru verizon its called Asurion, I have always carried this insurance but i have never used it. I see they now have apple care for only like 60 or 70 bucks, I was thinking of buying this, not sure yet though.

Have insurance through my telco for replacement if lost/stolen/damaged. Small excess payable for replacement.

I have the insurance through Verizon (Assurance) and I have to say, they were great when I jumped into my pool with my iPhone still in my pocket. I submitted the claim online at about 5pm on a Friday and had a brand new iPhone by 11:30am Saturday. I didn't even have to pay extra for Saturday delivery. When my phone dies, I need it replaced immediately and less than 24hrs to receive a new one is pretty damn good.