What's new

Verizon iPhone Insurance Policy

zaMeas

Reaction score
Does anyone know any details on this? Will Verizon offer any type of insurance like i have for my original droid? (asurion) If not, has anyone heard of Square Trade? They seem to have a very reasonable plan....

$99 for 2 years.
$50 deductible

I'm almost certain it will be with applecares system of things since its their phone. What I would hate is having to do more than $7 for insurance that I already have now, and from what I've heard is that apple doesn't cover much with their phones.

Someone fill in please who has had experience with that, thanks

my experience with apple care is why i left my iphone and have the droid now.

my experience with apple care is why i left my iphone and have the droid now.

That is awfully reassuring...... I had always heard that Apple was pretty good. If that isn't the case, that stinks....

It's hard to say. I've had good luck on mine for the iPod Touch. I had a single pixel go dead after eighteen months, called the number and told them. I took it into the store, they looked at it and had a brand new, refurb model for me in two days. For a single dead pixel. I was surprised, to say the least.

That is the stuff I usually hear about them. Bring it in to the store and if they can't fix it they just give you a refurb right away if they have them in stock. If they don't have them in stock they ship one out to you.

AppleCare is an extended warranty, not an insurance plan. So it will only cover defects and stuff, I believe. Not accidental damage, like an insurance plan would.

For my Android phone, Verizon charges $7 per month for insurance. Then to make a claim, I think you pay like $70 or $90 deductible, I don't remember exactly.

I've heard good things about SquareTrade.com for insurance, and the deal looks pretty good. Last time I checked, it was $99 for 2 years on an iPhone, and covers accidental damage and everything. I think the deductible was less, maybe $50 or something? I don't remember the details, but I know it sounded like a much better deal.

What I like about the Droid x with Verizon is the insurance coverage of $7.99/month with $90 deductible. However if you have apple care you can get s replacement for $199.

Say you have Droid x insurance at 7.99/month plus 90.00 deductible... In a year that's 186.00.

AppleCare is NOT INSURANCE. If you drop your phone and break it, you can NOT get a replacement through AppleCare. It only covers manufacturer defects.

AppleCare is NOT INSURANCE. If you drop your phone and break it, you can NOT get a replacement through AppleCare. It only covers manufacturer defects.

I had thought wrong, Dustin is right, Applecare is for phone defects. A supplemental plan would be necessary for insurance situations.

I understand but what your telling me is that this is my only iphone i get right

I understand but what your telling me is that this is my only iphone i get right

As far as Applecare goes, if you damage it, correct. There may be supplemental insurance through Verizon or another outside source that will replace it if you damage it. I think I'm paying something in the line of $7 per month through Verizon for my Incredible insurance. Through it, if I damage the phone in any way, it's covered.

Hopefully they will have a similar insurance policy available for the iPhone.

thats exactly what I'm concerned about cause if my $7 a month won't cover my iphone i'll cancel it, no sense in keeping it

I feel like no on reads my posts, lol.

The Verizon insurance is $7 a month, and I believe it has a $90 deductible. Meaning: if you break your phone, you pay $90 to get a new one.

The SquareTrade.com insurance is $99 for 2 years of coverage, with a $50 deductible for accidental damage. If it's a defect/warranty issue, I believe they fix it at no charge.

Sorry, Dustin, I definitely read and understood your posts. I might have been confusing the issue for others. My main point is that I hope Verizon will offer the same insurance for the iPhone. I would imagine they would, but never a sure thing.

I might also have to look at squaretrade as well. Sounds like a good deal.