DFU Mode for Dummies

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreaking' started by f4780y, Jul 2, 2011.

1. muznybozz

muznybozz Member

Sir after plug in to pc and restoring every thing and all. wat should i do next, how to turn on the phone to use in the normal state.
    Will i be able to point out the desired firmware by Shift+Click????

plzzz help me

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. muznybozz

muznybozz Member

So how to exit DFU mode after finishing our work mean restore process

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

If you complete the restore process normally, the device will reboot.

However, if you need to exit from DFU mode without using it, simply hold home+power for 10 seconds, let go of both buttons. The device will restart. If it does not, hold the power button for a second to power it on.

4. Sophielaura

Sophielaura New Member

Hi,

I foolishly but a passcode on my iphone and have forgotten it. Whilst trying to guess it I have now disabled my phone and even when connected to itunes it does not appear in the left hand column unless I enter the code. I've done this before and entered DFU mode and wiped the iphone before restoring it. However this time I have not only broken the home button but it is completely missing. I have been using the on screen home button. Hence my problem is I cannot enter DFU mode.

I have googled this quite a bit and have so far tried redsn0w. I followed the instructions through and got as far as creating the IPSW file however when I need to connect the phone to itunes to use restore the iphone will not appear in the left hand column. I get a message iphone cannot be accessed until passcode is entered, I press cancel and nothing happens. The phone says iphone disabled connect to itunes and itunes is just my music list.

Are there any other solutions I can try?

Thanks

5. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

You'd have to get the home button fixed or have a method of actually interacting with the internals of the device to simulate the home button to either put your device into DFU or Recovery Mode. If it was the issue of a power button, you could still put the device into Recovery, then into DFU if necessary. But with both a passcode locked device as well as a missing home button, it's impossible unless you get the home button working