What's new

DFU Mode for Dummies

And what if there is actually something that somehow is "blocking" your DFU mode? i don't know if this is a common issue but definitely this happened to me yesterday when I was downgrading my iphone 4.

3 days ago I tried to restore my iphone 4 with no succes. My plan was to put my iphone in pwned DFU mode (with the lastest version of redsnow) and using a custom IPSW firmware, restore my iphone to 5.0.1 (and be able to preserve my 4.10.01 baseband). I put my iphone like 4 times in DFU mode, but due to errors 3194 and 2005 I couldn't restore the iphone.

Yesterday I fixed errors 3194 and 2005 but somehow, when I tried to put my iphone into DFU mode, i couldn't. I tried with Redsnow and iFaith but both programs didn't recognise the DFU mode. My iphone 4 buttons seemed to work properly (sleep and home).

I'm trying to analyze what happened, maybe redsnow blocked my DFU mode, but how? the iphone works but the only thing that is not working properly is the DFU mode. Can anyone give me a hand to solve this issue?

DFU mode cannot be "blocked". There would be nothing to block that function, aside from hardware issues.

Sometimes, you have to holds the button till t goes black twice....like when I was in a respring loop.

Or something like that. I actually think it was a boot loop but cdnt tell.

Try to hold the buttons for 20 seonds, then letting go of sleep and keep holding home.

How can I put my 3g into dfu mode with out a power button?

Search google for how to enter DFU mode without a power button. There's a method that lets you force your device into DFU mode by restoring a corrupted firmware and then from there you can restore a custom prejailbroken firmware.

Sorry to bump an old but VERY important thread, for anyone having issues getting into DFU mode but are still getting a black screen.
Connect your device enter "dfu" mode
make sure you have the black screen
If redsn0w and so on don't recognize the phone being in DFU mode head over to device manager and look for a little yellow "?" right click install the driver and this should make DFU mode recognizable.
If this has been posted before i missed it sorry if not just try it it may work for you as it did me :D

gastra said:
Sorry to bump an old but VERY important thread, for anyone having issues getting into DFU mode but are still getting a black screen.
Connect your device enter "dfu" mode
make sure you have the black screen
If redsn0w and so on don't recognize the phone being in DFU mode head over to device manager and look for a little yellow "?" right click install the driver and this should make DFU mode recognizable.
If this has been posted before i missed it sorry if not just try it it may work for you as it did me :D

That's a good find gastra. I never knew that.

I Jailbroke my iPhone4GS through absinthe2.0 and it went fine, i would now like to reverse it but nothing seems to be working.. Here's the different things i've tried.

- Restoring through itunes, comes up with 'cannot restore, device isnt eligible for the requested build'
- i tried going into my phone setting and erase all content, my phone had the loading screen for ages then turned black and wouldnt turn back on until i held the home and lock button down for 10 seconds
- i tried putting it into DFU mode and restoring
- DFU mode and using ISPW, everytime i have tried to restore it comes up with the original message
-i went into my private folder and edited the host file then tried to restore, same message.

I really dont know what else i can do, nothing seems to be working, i just want my phone back to how it was before i jailbroke it..
Can anyone help me?

I Jailbroke my iPhone4GS through absinthe2.0 and it went fine, i would now like to reverse it but nothing seems to be working.. Here's the different things i've tried.

- Restoring through itunes, comes up with 'cannot restore, device isnt eligible for the requested build'
- i tried going into my phone setting and erase all content, my phone had the loading screen for ages then turned black and wouldnt turn back on until i held the home and lock button down for 10 seconds
- i tried putting it into DFU mode and restoring
- DFU mode and using ISPW, everytime i have tried to restore it comes up with the original message
-i went into my private folder and edited the host file then tried to restore, same message.

I really dont know what else i can do, nothing seems to be working, i just want my phone back to how it was before i jailbroke it..
Can anyone help me?

Follow our guide here http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...afe-method-restore-current-version-ios-26019/

Step 2 is CRITICAL!

Why doesn't this page let me "like" you on FB? My phone is running. YEAH! I am sure I will be back for more lessons.

I don't believe we have a Facebook page. Hmm, something we might need to work on. 😄