What's new

Detailed email account & all notes disappeared! HELP!

Ateach52

Reaction score
I deleted one of my email accounts from my iphone last night. This morning I see that all my notes (250+) have disappeared! I understand from another query posted here that these were most probably linked to the email address I deleted (I have two other addresses)and that I could retrieve them by setting up that address again. Unfortunately I can't do that as it was linked to a job I no longer have. Checking on iCloud I see that these notes are still up there somewhere, but I can't get them (unless I buy a licence code for phone recovery' - about $50!). Is there any other (free) way to get my notes back? I am desperate (and not at all internet savvy). Thanks!

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

So the account doesn't exist any more?

No idea whether or not this will work, but you can give it a try:
If you have a backup where the removed email address is still set up, restore from that backup. This should also retrieve the notes. You can move them to a different account afterwards, and delete the account as soon as you've done that.

Hope that helps.

I'm afraid there's no way to get the deleted email address back on, as the password is no longer valid. Thanks for trying:)

Too bad!
Well, in that case, I'm afraid there's no free way to get them back. Sorry!

A little late, but worth dropping some knowledge for anyone stuck in this situation in the future.

If your work is like mine, the information sits on a server for the user account (usually the email address and password is used to authenticate and sync with the server) Once the password is changed, you're locked out, but the information would still be stored on their server.

IF they have already deleted you as a user and cleared the data associated with your email address, it's long gone, no way to recover.

If you didn't leave on good terms, I'm also going to say that your information is lost, since they're not going to grant you access to get that data since you're no longer an employee anymore.

Rule of thumb to any rookies thinking of using their employers account for saving "notes" on their iphone, skip that and make sure your default account for notes is always 'iCloud" that way even when you leave your place of work, get fired/kick out, etc. you'll have access to your notes way after you're gone.

All for free. Enjoy.