What's new

Notes disappeared from iPhone 6plus

FoxyGranny

Reaction score
First Post. I am not very tech savvy. I attempted to search this forum for an answer before posting this question. Please forgive if it is redundant. My "Notes" have disappeared from my iPhone 6plus. How do I get it back? I have stored things that I need quick access to, i.e. when I had flu shots, mammogram, questions an old lady forget in doctors office.

Please help me step by step retrieve it. The icon is gone. Zip

If you have folders on your iPhone, the icon might be hidden in one of them. Try searching for the app. Tap on the upper half of your screen, and pull down a bit. This will open the Search feature on your iPhone.
IMG_7342.JPG

Enter "notes" in the field at the top. If the app is on one of your screens, search will show it, and also the folder where it's hidden:
IMG_0178.jpg

If you deleted the Notes app, go to the App Store app, select Updates, then Purchased. You will find the app there.

Thank you so much. It worked like magic. You cannot know how much aggravation this little thing has caused me. I humbly bow to your expertise.

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sometimes, the apps are just hidden and a simple reboot may do to solve the problem. Otherwise, you can follow the simple steps below to resolve the problem.

Edited - no website links

Last edited by a moderator: