What's new

Deleting Photos......

Spooooky

Reaction score
Hello,

Been trawling through the forums to try and find the answer I need for my question and can't seem to find it so I apologise if it's already been asked before so here goes......

If I delete photos from iPhone 4, will I lose them on my iPhone 5 and iPad mini? How do I delete them without losing them on other devices please?

Much thanks.

If you use iCloud Photo Library, the images will be available on all your other Apple devices as well. If you delete some of them on one device, they will also be removed from all the other ones.

When it comes to photos, it's not really a good idea to rely on iCloud. They take a lot of your iCloud storage quickly, and then you'd have to purchase more of it.
Save your images to online storage (OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Flickr, Amazon also provides storage space for photos,...), and they'll be available on every device, even if it's not from Apple - Flickr for instance gives 1 TB of free storage. The pictures you save to Flickr don't have to be visible for everyone. You're also able to keep them private.

Agree with J. A. I use Dropbox and find it excellent.

If you use iCloud Photo Library, the images will be available on all your other Apple devices as well. If you delete some of them on one device, they will also be removed from all the other ones.

When it comes to photos, it's not really a good idea to rely on iCloud. They take a lot of your iCloud storage quickly, and then you'd have to purchase more of it.
Save your images to online storage (OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Flickr, Amazon also provides storage space for photos,...), and they'll be available on every device, even if it's not from Apple

Yeah, I know this is an old quote. But it answers my question perfectly. My wife has 5GB photos w/ 2 GB free on her 12GB phone. I recently purchased a NAS so that seems like a good solution to the storage problem.

Thanks J.A. for posting this solution that has confused me for quite some time.

Yeah, I know this is an old quote. But it answers my question perfectly. My wife has 5GB photos w/ 2 GB free on her 12GB phone. I recently purchased a NAS so that seems like a good solution to the storage problem.

Thanks J.A. for posting this solution that has confused me for quite some time.
You're welcome.