What's new

How do you all manage photos?

ardchoille

Reaction score
I have thousands of photos that I would like to add to my iPhone 6, and I can air drop them from my Mac mini. The problem I would encounter is managing the pictures. In the Photos portion of the Photos app the pictures are listed by date, so adding a large number of pictures would result in them all being in one list - and scrolling through thousands of pictures would seem cumbersome. So, would it be best to add them all and then categorize them into albums to reduce scrolling through a large number of pictures? I just don't want to spend so much time trying to find a specific picture.

How do you manage a large number of pictures on an iPhone?

I was playing around with different ideas and remembered that I own a copy of Documents by Readdle. Just out of curiosity I opened iCloud Drive on my Mac mini and dragged my Pictures folder, which has all of my pictures categorized in folders, into the Documents by Readdle folder. I then opened the Documents app on my iPhone and there were all of my pictures perfectly categorized in folders. It took a few minutes for everything to sync, but I have all of my pictures nicely categorized on my phone.

So, it appears that the best method thus far is to get a nice 3rd-party app that utilizes iCloud Drive and use the app. Clearly I need to rethink my opinion on 3rd-party apps, they can be quite powerful.

Last edited: