What's new

Data Pricing incase you guy havent seen this yet?

Good news for those who get one quickly, looks like it won't last long:

Update: But you’d better act fast. Speaking later Tuesday morning, Mr. McAdam said the iPhone unlimited plan will be a temporary offer and that the carrier will follow AT&T’s move to tiered pricing in the not too distant future.

Good news for those who get one quickly, looks like it won't last long:

Update: But you’d better act fast. Speaking later Tuesday morning, Mr. McAdam said the iPhone unlimited plan will be a temporary offer and that the carrier will follow AT&T’s move to tiered pricing in the not too distant future.

Since I'll be ordering the phone on the 3rd, I should slide in under the wire. LOL

The shift to tiered will happen. It's just a matter of when. There is a possibility that the 3G may stay as is and the tiered really start materializing with the roll out of the LTE handsets. Going to be interesting to watch.

Either way, looks like we will probably be locked into a two year contract with the iPhone, so it will cover us for that time. Theoretically.

The scary thing is that AT&T can switch "all" unlimited plans to a tiered limted plan if they wanted. In your contract it states that the can alter all terms of your contract at their discretion.

The scary thing is that AT&T can switch "all" unlimited plans to a tiered limted plan if they wanted. In your contract it states that the can alter all terms of your contract at their discretion.

I had heard that. I almost wanted to say that clause was in the Verizon contract as well, but can't remember. I've honestly never read mine close enough to know that for a fact.

I can say that although those clauses 'may' exist, I know for certain that ATT has grandfathered users for the unlimited plan as I have a friend who is with ATT who had this exact issue occur. He called them, and stated he didn't agree to the new pricing but would remain under the old, which was agreed to and ATT switched him back.

Also, your pricing even after contract rarely changes, unless you renew for a phone upgrade, as I have had phone pricing on prior models that the plan I had hadn't actually been available for years with Verizon, yet I still had it.

Anyway, that is my experience, Your mileage may vary of course.

I believe the Tiered pricing will come with 4G. Verizon would be dumb to go to Tiered pricing for their 3G network.

I believe the Tiered pricing will come with 4G. Verizon would be dumb to go to Tiered pricing for their 3G network.

Then it looks like they may get dumb. :D

This article is talking about what was mentioned above, apparently. A limited time offer on the unlimited.

It's like all the companies are playing Russian Roulette to see who will lift their rates first.

Verizon to offer $30 unlimited data for iPhone - temporarily - Jan. 25, 2011

Either way it don't bother me because i will be grandfathered in by then! lol.

And some of us will be lucky enough to grandfather in at a $10
unlimited plan.

What if you already have a data package? I just signed up for a new plan last week that puts unlimited data on all 4 of our lines for $9.99 each. Will I be able to keep this data plan? I plan on buying the iPhone at retail price, if that matters at all.

^^^
I'm thinking you'll have to change your plan like I'm thinking the first month for you will be $10 but then the $30 a month plan will come into affect after your payment

If that makes sense? Just my opinion though

Technically I do have the $29.99 plan though... On the bill, she said it would show up as $29.99 data for each line, but then each line also gets a $20 credit applied, hence making it only $9.99... so I'm thinking it should stay the same?