What's new

Could the Next iPhone Have a Five-Inch Screen?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
10457-huawei-ascend.JPG

The Consumer Electronics Show, which takes place at the start of the year, usually sets the tone for what sort of gadgets and gizmos we can expect to be buying for the rest of the year. With this being the case, we might need to prepare ourselves for having to carry around some pretty hefty devices in 2013, as Brian White from Topeka Capital Markets says that he expects CES 2013 to focus on a range of “embarrassingly large” smartphones, according to AppleInsider. Apparently these “phablet” devices, which will be sized between a smartphone and a tablet, will be all the rage at CES this year, with Huawei preparing to launch its Ascend Mate, which will have a 6.1-inch screen, and LG and ZTE both expected to showcase 5-inch phones. White goes on to say that during his trips to China and Hong Kong, he has noticed a trend in the market in favour of “ultra-large” high-end smartphones, such as Samsung’s Galaxy Note II. This leads White to say that he thinks that even Apple will want to be a part of this trend, and that a 5-inch iPhone display “is not out of the question.”

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]CES 2013 expected to showcase 'embarrassingly large' smartphones

I thought apple wanted the iPhone to be able to be used with just one hand. Thats why the screen has always been smaller than droids. I think a 5" would eliminate that, not that I care. I'd rather a bigger screen.

I think we have learned that Apple are not afraid to turn their backs on previous statements. It's not so long back that there was no possibility of an iPad mini, and now look.

The mor I think about it, the more I can see a use for a larger iPhone display. I rarely hold my phone to make calls. I use a Bluetooth headset so the larger phone would not be an inconvenience.

The argument that its not much different in size to the iPad mini presupposes that a user actually has, or wants, a mini. They are different beasts, and I can see a market for all the variants. So, presumably, can Apple, and if they see it, we'll likely get it. One bonus would be room for a bigger battery.

I just want bigger screen on iPhone. So kill me for that wish..:)

I think we have learned that Apple are not afraid to turn their backs on previous statements. It's not so long back that there was no possibility of an iPad mini, and now look.

The mor I think about it, the more I can see a use for a larger iPhone display. I rarely hold my phone to make calls. I use a Bluetooth headset so the larger phone would not be an inconvenience.

The argument that its not much different in size to the iPad mini presupposes that a user actually has, or wants, a mini. They are different beasts, and I can see a market for all the variants. So, presumably, can Apple, and if they see it, we'll likely get it. One bonus would be room for a bigger battery.

My phone is mainly a data device and a hotspot for my other iDevices and sometimes a hotspot for my friends' devices lol. I rarely use it to make calls but still need it in case i DO need to make a call lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD