What's new

Classic video games

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few days ago I was researching some of my old video games and one of them is the Microvision by Milton Bradley. It turns out that this is the world’s first handheld video game console with interchangeable game cartridges. It preceded the Game Boy by 10 years. I have 3 of the 11 games that were available. The system was introduced in 1979 and I purchased mine in 1980, 38 years ago.
The liquid crystal display has a resolution of 16X16 pixels.

47B6D6A3-5E38-4080-AEBE-E9EA207BB4D6.jpeg
FBD09BCE-74AA-43B5-B1DF-0C7D5BCBB129.jpeg

Last edited:
That's awesome. Mostly because I've been gaming since I was a kid (I'm 46 years old now) and have never even heard of this.

As a little guy my dad had the original Pong. Few years later, my dad bought an Intellivision when it first came out, and I was hooked after that. I played that a lot, but it was in the main room of the house and I couldn't always play it, so I took my paper route money and bought an old black and white TV for my room, and a used Atari 2600 from a friend from school selling his. I played the Atari until it died. When NES came out, I painted my neighbors fence and bought one of those with that money. Once I was old enough for a real job, I spent most of it on a Game Boy and games for it and NES. Been gaming ever since!

Last edited:
The Star Trek Phaser Strike game shown is the very first licenced Star Trek video game. It was released in 1979 when Star Trek The Motion Picture was released.