What's new

Top Gear Game Announced for iOS Platform

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
top-gear.jpg

Cult petrol-head BBC TV programme Top Gear is coming to the iPhone and iPad according to Pocket Gamer, with a game called Top Gear: Stunt School, which is currently in development at Resolution Interactive, and is set to be released before the end of the year. The game marks the BBC’s return to the world of video games, also set to include a Doctor Who iOS game. While I’m sure Top Gear fans will be delighted with the news, let’s hope that the game is better than the BBC’s last attempt at handheld gaming , which Pocket Gamer reminds us was the less-than-stellar Fightbox for Nintendo’s Game Boy Advance, released back in 2004.

Top Gear: Stunt School sees the player taking charge of a fully customisable vehicle and driving it through 20 challenges, such as high jumps and technical manoeuvres, at Top Gear’s notorious test track.

Fans needn’t worry that the show’s anarchic and off-kilter sense of humour has been diluted for the game, as it will feature all the usual caravan-smashing shenanigans, as well as a chance to race against the infamous Stig.

No idea of pricing yet, but Pocket Gamer says the game should be out by the end of December.

Source: BBC Top Gear title announced for iPhone and iPad | Top Gear: Stunt School news | Pocket Gamer

sweet :D i wonder what this game will be like. i hope there will be a free version to try it out first