What's new

Charging Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixthNewMoon

Reaction score
My iPhone 7 Plus won’t hold a charge when I connect to my charger. I have several different Apple chargers at home that I have tried to use, it’s like the port is worn. Any recommendations on what to do to fix this?

If you're sure that's the cause, contact Apple Support. They will let you know what to do next.

My iPhone 7 Plus won’t hold a charge when I connect to my charger. I have several different Apple chargers at home that I have tried to use, it’s like the port is worn. Any recommendations on what to do to fix this?
If your charging port is worn out and the charging cord won't maintain a proper connection, you'll likely need a new charging port. If you live close to an Apple Store, the Genius Bar would confirm whether or not you need a new charging port.

Maybe you have dirt or fluff in the port, try a tooth pick carefully inside to dislodge anything.
Also try blowing down it and use gentle suction if you have anything.

You ever get this sorted? Recently my iPhone cable finally quite working. I knew it was coming, it's been frayed forever. Anyways, I ordered a non-Apple branded 3 pack from Amazon, and first thing I noticed was that they are thicker than the Apple plug. New cable is a much snugger fit when plugged in. If your connection is loose, these might work. If that's the problem anyways.

You ever get this sorted? Recently my iPhone cable finally quite working. I knew it was coming, it's been frayed forever. Anyways, I ordered a non-Apple branded 3 pack from Amazon, and first thing I noticed was that they are thicker than the Apple plug. New cable is a much snugger fit when plugged in. If your connection is loose, these might work. If that's the problem anyways.
I bought the value pack from Amazon, like you did, years ago. Thicker and more rugged than the flimsy Apple cable.

They lasted varying amounts of time. I think the longest one of them lasted was 6 months, but they all died (stopped working for no reason) in the end. I ended up going back and buying the Apple one and even though it's frayed and falling apart it's still manages the connection properly and it's been 2 years.

They lasted varying amounts of time. I think the longest one of them lasted was 6 months, but they all died (stopped working for no reason) in the end. I ended up going back and buying the Apple one and even though it's frayed and falling apart it's still manages the connection properly and it's been 2 years.

Yeah, I don't expect them to last long, but since I only use one at a time, and there's 3 of them, they should last awhile. The cable I was using was super old and lasted several years. My kids kept taking my newer cables so I had to keep pulling out my backup cable haha.

I have never had a cable fray.
I'm not saying anyone is doing this but never pull out the cable by it's cord, always grasp the connector to remove it from the device.

Even if you baby the cable, it eventually frays.

It's part of the customer cycle. You make something that lasts long enough that the customer feels like they're getting their money's worth - but not too long because you need them back to buy another at some point. And then another. I'm sure they could make invincible cables, but that would be bad for business.

Oddly enough, not one of my old 30 pin cables ever had a problem, I have two lightning cables from Apple and one 10M Amazon that have frayed. The cable sleeve just kind of rotted or crumbled apart [emoji848][emoji848]

Mine was frayed pretty bad, but as long as it lasted, I can't complain. It got used all the time too, by me, my daughter, my wife, and it charged multiple devices. That sucker was used multiple times a day, for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.