What's new

Changing Apple ID for ICloud

ccm

Reaction score
My wife's Iphone 6s had two Apple ID's and after much time with Apple support it looks like we have got her problem solved but I know that the old Apple ID is still configured in her phone and will be popping up the next time she uses that application. So I have two questions:
Question 1:
I want to get her ICloud account up and running ASAP but I know it is configured with the old Apple ID because I can see it on the window when you first get into the ICloud screen. When I click on the first line that shows her name and old Apple ID it gives me the option to enter a password but I see no place where I can change the Apple ID. Apple ID. Can someone offer me some help with making this configuration change?

Question 2:
What other configuration changes will I need to make so that her entire phone is configured with the proper Apple ID. The only configuration I have changed is for "ITunes & App Store".

I'm not particularly tech smart so step by step instructions would be great.

Thanks in advance for taking time to offer your help.

Charlie

Go to Settings - iCloud, disable Find my iPhone, if it's enabled. Then sign out of her iCloud ID there. You'll have to enter the password of the old ID. When you're asked whether of not you wish to keep the information stored on your iPhone, you can decide to keep it.

If you wish to use the new Apple ID as iCloud ID as well, all you have to do, is sign in again in iCloud with the new ID and password.

If you've already changed the ID for the App Store, and now also change the one for iCloud, there's nothing else you have to do on the iPhone. The Apple ID will automatically change in iBooks Store and iTunes Store as well.

Thanks to both of you for your recommendations. I have finally been able to get a second ITunes ID set up.

Charlie