What's new

Change the 4 icons at bottom of Home Screen

rphillipchuk

Reaction score
Is it possible to change "Phone", "Safari", "Messages" and "Music" to "Phone", "Mail", "Messages" and "Music" ?

Yes, it is quite easy. Simply select one of the Apps and press it until they all jiggle, then drag each one to wherever you want. Then press the Home button to steady them.

If you know how to move app icons on your homescreen, you can also change the apps in the dock. It works the same way: tap and hold an app icon in the dock until it starts to wiggle, then drag it to the homescreen. That done, it will be possible to drag another app to the dock.

Excellant !!!! Thanks so much........... This is my first iphone and was hoping to get faster notification of new email....On my older phone, If I sent an email from my wife's phone, it would take only seconds for my phone to ping and notify me of the new email..... AM I missing something ? I am with gmail ..
Please advise
Ron

Gmail doesn't push new emails to the iPhone, it can only be set up to fetch, at least every 15 minutes, if you use the built in Mail app.

Afaik, you'll receive emails immediately when you use the Gmail app.