What's new

Cataloguing

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been searching on and off for some time now for a simple easy to use app for cataloguing home possessions (antique sewing collection in my case) I just haven't been able to find anything.
Does anyone know of an app that might be suitable for the Mac?

I have been searching on and off for some time now for a simple easy to use app for cataloguing home possessions (antique sewing collection in my case) I just haven't been able to find anything.
Does anyone know of an app that might be suitable for the Mac?
I found a few for the Mac months ago but forget the names of them. Have you tried searching the Mac App Store for "contents" or "home inventory"? If I remember correctly those searches yielded some good hits.

I'm going to look there tonight.
I've got a plan B though, I photograph my collection as I go on my Nikon and keep them on a memory card, I'm thinking of transferring all the photos to my Mac then I can add text to each one with the details, Date ect , After that I can put them in folders for each category.

I'm going to look there tonight.
I've got a plan B though, I photograph my collection as I go on my Nikon and keep them on a memory card, I'm thinking of transferring all the photos to my Mac then I can add text to each one with the details, Date ect , After that I can put them in folders for each category.
One of the home inventory apps I used on my Mac allowed pictures to be imported for each item. I wish I could remember the name of the app. Anyway, I'm sure a good home inventory app would allow you to import your pics for each item, so it's a good thing you already have the pics. I hope you find a good app for this, it sounds like a fun project.

One of the home inventory apps I used on my Mac allowed pictures to be imported for each item. I wish I could remember the name of the app. Anyway, I'm sure a good home inventory app would allow you to import your pics for each item, so it's a good thing you already have the pics. I hope you find a good app for this, it sounds like a fun project.
Thanks Ard, Its going to be a long project but will be worth it in the end.