What's new

Can't turn phone off

zaptear

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4S and every time I turn my phone off it comes right back on.. Anyone know how to keep it off

No it is not plugged I'm at the time I try to turn it off

Take it no one has had this problem

I don't have that problem (my phone turns off and only comes back on when I plug it in or turn it on).

So, maybe it's a communication thing? When you turn your phone off, what are you doing, exactly, to turn it off?

Marilyn

Hold the top till
The red power off comes on the screen then I slide it

This may not be what you want to hear, but can you take it to an Apple Store and get a replacement? Seems like you're still in your warranty period. After performing the hard reset and reinstalling iOS, if it still doesn't work there may be no hope, except Apple. Good luck. Let us know what you come up with....

zaptear said:
Will thy know I changed my battery

It's very likely they will know you opened the phone and changed the battery. In that case, any warranty is void.

Ok np I can get a new phone in may anyhow

Last edited:
I had this problem with a 4s I had last year. I got in touch with apple and they asked if I had used any non apple charging devices and if so should try using the one that came with the phone. Well as it happens, I had been using a mophie copy charging case. So I took it off and used the apple charger and it did the trick.
If you have used any non apple chargers this may be your problem.

Yes, you will have to tell them the previous problems of your phone, why did you change it anyway? You could have asked Apple to fit a new battery for you, or you could have requested a replacement phone.

Many Thanks,
Software