What's new

Can't access music on iPhone

sdb321

Reaction score
I have a new iPhone5 and gave my Iphone4 to my grandaughter. I reset the 4 and then sync'd it with her mother's computer yesterday. It sync'd without a problem; however, we noticed that all the music is greyed-out. Why is that and can (and how) can that be fixed?

Thanks for any help.

You have to log in with the Apple credentials for that phone on iTunes in Store > Authorize this PC to allow you to manage the music. Might also have to tick "Manually Manage Music and Videos" as well on the device's summary page in iTunes.

You have to log in with the Apple credentials for that phone on iTunes in Store > Authorize this PC to allow you to manage the music. Might also have to tick "Manually Manage Music and Videos" as well on the device's summary page in iTunes.

Thanks, she is now able to access the music (even though she isn't too thrilled with most of her Mom's music choices).

If there are multiple devices using the same computer, it's best to manually manage everything so that you don't just sync things between 3 devices and such.