What's new

Call waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

imran

Reaction score
When I call to another number how can I see whether that B party phone is on waiting or not??

I guess u did not understand my qus, I didn't said how I can activate my call waiting option. I said how I will be able to see when I made calls to another number and that number is on waiting......

You really cant but there is a spot on the screen thats will say join call or something like that.

If u dont know the ans then why ur replying to the thread.....??

imran said:
If u dont know the ans then why ur replying to the thread.....??

You can't. Why are you being rude to jbs06civicsi? He's trying to help you. How is it possible to see if someone you're calling is already on a call. The phone rings that's it, they answer or they don't.

Well icrank, if u make call using a nokia phone, and if B party is on call then the phone will show u that B party is in call waiting. Similarly if B party attends another call and does call conference then the phone also shows that "call conferencing". I was just asking that is it possible with iPhone as well.

The ans he gave was no were related to my qus..

Last edited:
Conference calling on the iPhone is nothing like it is on a Nokia. If you are talking to someone and you want to add them to the call you click "add to call" and select the person from your contact list or dial the number. If someone calls you while you are talking to someone else you can click "hold call + answer" if you want to conference call with that person and the person on hold you press "merge calls."

That's about the extent of call conferencing on the built-in phone application.

For my conference calls I use skype video conferencing with the skype app, it works much better than the native phone.

Jmills87 said:
Conference calling on the iPhone is nothing like it is on a Nokia. If you are talking to someone and you want to add them to the call you click "add to call" and select the person from your contact list or dial the number. If someone calls you while you are talking to someone else you can click "hold call + answer" if you want to conference call with that person and the person on hold you press "merge calls."

That's about the extent of call conferencing on the built-in phone application.

For my conference calls I use skype video conferencing with the skype app, it works much better than the native phone.

dear Jmills87,
Thanx for the suggestion. But I am sorry u didn't understand what I said.....

Moderator, plz close this thread, the requester himself doesn't knw what he wants to ask.

Dear all, I don't know how any one can explain better about the qus. Icrank once said "no". That would be ok.

But the thing is I never asked for the help how I can activate call waiting, neither how can I do call conference.

Let me explain that all over again,
Suppose u r A party, want to call B party. B party is already talking with some one else and A party doesn't know about it. When A party is calling at that period of time using an iPhone, it rings, but A party can't realize that the phone is in waiting. On the other hand, when call using a Nokia phone, at the time of connection the phone displays that the call is on waiting.

My qus was, is it possible using iPhone to see that B party is in waiting...???

Note: if still I am unable to explain then sorry.

You really cant but there is a spot on the screen thats will say join call or something like that.
Dear Imran...well i am from UAE & it is simple way to know here is that whenever u call b party & u can hear the outgoing ring Immediately it means b party is on call with someone else & he/she is gettting your second call.

I hope this may help u :)

You mean will it pop up on your screen that they're on another call? No, it will just keep ringing and the person you are calling can either put the other person on hold and answer your call or just ignore your call. There is no indicator when calling someone if they are on another call or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.