What's new

bug in latest iOS beta update

ricky.brown

Reaction score
good evening all. I have recently updated to the latest iOS beta software in my iPhone X and I have noticed that when using my phone and I use my right hand to touch a button or something at the top left hand area of the screen and my finger goes over the notch (not touching the notch but kind of creating a shadow over it) it blacks out the screen. if I have a video or something playing the audio continues to play but the screen shuts off. once I remove my finger from over the notch then the screen comes back on.
has anyone else had this issue and know a fix for it?

Are you on the public beta or the developer beta? Developers can file a bug report with Apple and public beta testers can use the feedback app to let Apple know about the problem.
This problem is not isolated to the latest version of iOS 11.4 as I've found mentions of it going back several months.

Are you on the public beta or the developer beta? Developers can file a bug report with Apple and public beta testers can use the feedback app to let Apple know about the problem.
This problem is not isolated to the latest version of iOS 11.4 as I've found mentions of it going back several months.
Thanks scifan57. I’m on the public beta. I have issued feedback to Apple. Interesting to know that the issue goes back a few months as it only started happening with the latest update. I could not find any evidence of anyone else having this issue. Did you find any fixes for it by chance?

Thanks scifan57. I’m on the public beta. I have issued feedback to Apple. Interesting to know that the issue goes back a few months as it only started happening with the latest update. I could not find any evidence of anyone else having this issue. Did you find any fixes for it by chance?
I didn’t see any fixes. You’ll probably have to wait and see if the next beta release fixes it.