What's new

Bluetooth Problem

Steve Kellow

Reaction score
Bluetooth

I recently purchased a Bose Sound Link "Bluetooth" Speaker III. After linking I found that the volume kept dropping to half at random. Assuming is was a new product fault, I replaced the Bose unit. I have now received the replacement and the exact same problem exists. I assumed it was therefore the phone. I have contacted and connected the phone with Apple Diagnostics but the problem continues.

I've been on to Apple Support today, very polite, and stated my diagnostics report showed no problems. Finally suggesting I return the Bose - again.

I have subsequently found that the problem is called 'Bluetouth Dropout' and there are references to it occuring with many versions of iOS, in particular iOS 8.1 and between many devices - specifically mentioned was the Apple Bose issue.

So, I'm not very pleased with Apple support and I guess the problem can be solved by switching off the iPhone completely and on again. Are Apple working on the problem, I have no information, but it would have been nice if they'd told me there was an issue. To be fair. Bose haven't even replied to the 2 e-mails I have sent them.