What's new

Blue Text Message Bubble

I know that iMessage uses data but does anyone know approximately how much data a message uses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know that iMessage uses data but does anyone know approximately how much data a message uses?

A standard 160 character SMS without any multimedia files in it is about 140 bytes. Since 1mb is 125.000 bytes you will have to send about 892 iMessages of 160 character length each iMessage before you finish using 1MB or 125.000 bytes of data.

bab2010 said:
A standard 160 character SMS without any multimedia files in it is about 140 bytes. Since 1mb is 125.000 bytes you will have to send about 892 iMessages of 160 character length each iMessage before you finish using 1MB or 125.000 bytes of data.

Exactly. That's why the $20 for unlimited text was a gold mine for the carriers...

Thanks for that. :)

also, for the iMessage newbies, when you are doing iMessage, you can set your phone up to tell you if the message made it to the other iOS 5 phone, and if they have it set up, you can also see if and what time they read your message.

also, for the iMessage newbies, when you are doing iMessage, you can set your phone up to tell you if the message made it to the other iOS 5 phone, and if they have it set up, you can also see if and what time they read your message.

So, how would you do that?

So, how would you do that?
I do believe no matter what it shows the sender when an iMessage is "Delivered." There's a setting in "Messages" that allows you to toggle On/Off whither or not it shows a "Read" time to the sender as well.